My new old car

New project I just got. It is a '35 Dodge Sedan. 292 Chevy 6 cylinder. It is all complete, starts runs and drives. Doesn't look like it's had anything done to it since it was built. I am divided on leaving it as is or restoring it cosmetically. I just wanted to show everybody!

IMG_0868-1.jpg

where do you come up with these cars, been looking, would trade two four wheelers, and a 14' jon boat with everything, see what you can find for me Danny Thanks, Merry X-mas, and Happy New Year, 2011 street stock CHAMPION at Malden Speedway, I built car and motor, camaro, owned by Dale Matney, my boy Mike drove it.#48

Nice find, they are only original once. Make it save to drive, get it running good for the track, but leave the body, etc. just like it is. A perfect time capsule.

Here are some updates on progress. I removed the body to check the welds on the cage and other things. There was standing water inside the tubes of the cage uprights. I didn't feel safe not knowing how much rust might be on the inside of the cage pipe, and there were a lot of spliced and damaged areas on the door bars so I decided to replace it. I built a new cage on the same dimensions as the old one. I did make it more refined and finished looking. I also made a new rear bumper to replace the old bent up one. The front bumper and radiator mount area had a lot of crash damage and repairs. Which made it look really crude and patchy. I am rebuilding everything on the chassis except one rub rail. To keep the integrity of the vintage feel I am not changing any dimensions, just cleaning it up and making it safer. I will update as I make progress. Pictures below are before and after changing the roll cage out.

IMG_1091-1.jpgIMG_1102-1.jpg

New cage looks good Danny. With a little motivation you can do bout anything in the backyard with an old Lincoln! LOL

My goal is to have it out for the Heartland Vintage show in Malden. Depends a lot on the weather. You see what I use for a garage. I work on it a little every day. So far I am on schedule to have it ready.

Some more updates, I have rebuilt the front and rear bumpers, as well as a lot of the bracing. I am ready to mount the radiator. I have also made new motor mounts. I have trimmed out all the needless interior bracing on the body, and given it a little bit of rake. I worked on it all day today and after removing the body again I am in the process of finishing the interior and body mounts. The body is about ready to send out for a dupont overhaul. As well as the chassis. I am thinking white chassis with either an orange or a blue body. Check out the photo of the old fashioned way they would move the steering to the center. Also doubles as a steering quickener. They did a good job building this so I am leaving it as is.

On another note I need some 8 hole by 15" wheels. Down in the area I am in there are no such things as vintage cars or parts.
IMG_1161-1.jpgIMG_1163-1.jpgIMG_1167.jpgIMG_1164-1.jpg

I haven't posted in a while, so I will add a few updates. The radiator and cooling system are done. The fuel tank and new fuel lines are in. Interior sheet metal is almost complete. Body is mounted now. Just need to replace the lower rockers that I have cut off. They were in pretty bad shape. Brakes are working now. I still need a seat and belts. And different tires. I also could use a few more 3/4 ton 8 hole wheels for spares. I don't think I'll make the Malden show. It's not really ready to race or display yet.
IMG_1554-001.jpgIMG_1557-001.jpg
This one was photoshopped by my wife
IMG_1687-001.jpg

Back