My Thoughts on I-55

Anyone who didn't go to Pevely Saturday night missed some of the best dirt track racing i've seen in a long,long time.
When i first got to the track ( about ten minutes before the late models started timing in ) i looked at the track and thought to my self, i'm paying $25 to see another dry slick boring dust bowl and that's what it was going to be till the showers came.
After the showers, the track was reworked and it turned out scary fast and smooth ( a little more water hint there Ray ) and it stayed that way.
Last but not least,Hats off to the people involved in moving the program along.
Even after all of the rain delays, i was out of there by midnight and yes i did stay for all of the races.
GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE and THANK YOU!

Wow!

John in turn 4 said:
GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE and THANK YOU!

This is coming from a guy that NEVER has ANYTHING good to say unless free food is involved!

Did you sneak a cheeseburger from the concession stand? Nobody jump you for eating the tray of pickle slices?

Did you take your medication? If so, did you accidently take it twice?

LOL! (You had to know that I was going to reply John!)

I agree it was some awesome racing! I wish they'd water the track every week so that we have racing like this!

I was sure we weren't going to be done and out of there until well into the morning!

Kudos to Ray and Mark and the rest of the staff at I-55. Kudos to the Allied Auto Racing Association for their outstanding running of events despite the rain delays.

Outstanding job!

Outstanding job by everyone involved last night at the track in getting the show in! It just goes to show how dedicated everyone is at I-55 to the racer's and fans!

sounds like a good night at i55. of course, we all all awaiting the 'official' word from dirt hound(mad daddy, super6).he ALWAYS has something intelligent to add. haahaaahaahaa.

The track officials did an outstanding job getting that show completed .btw we left at 11;54 and the mods had just thier 4th caution so if the whow was over by 12 there was some awesome racing in the remaining 6 minutes. kudos to King Kong, Bobby B and T Naeger ,Good show of Walsh in his 10th place after having the flat tire.

yes midget racer it was a great night of racing track was smooth tacky with no dirt flying .ray and crew you guys are something else what was like 4 rain delays aand to see a local team win good luck to Randy Korte next week end at the Dream ( which of course I 'll be there) but getting getting back to the track last night it was bad fast with no black at all

I definitely think Ray and crew need praise for their continued efforts on the track. The moisture was a welcomed sight because it turned out AWESOME since they spent so much time working it in.

Great job! I was going through photos Jimmy took for Brian and there were some shots that are 5-wide. Well worth the delays and still the show was over by midnight.

Onwards to the final leg at Danville tonight!

it kinda reminded me of days of old at 55
after seeing the track be prepped kinda different the last few years,and thinking theres no way they are gonna be able to recover the track after all that rain,the track came in just like it used to!! was a real great surface(at least from the stands,dont really know what the drivers thought of it). it took a lot more work then they usually do but it was fantastic!!

(was kinda shocked at the $25 admission,are summernats and pepsi nats gonna be the same price? ill pay anyway,just wondering)

porterm said:
was a real great surface(at least from the stands,dont really know what the drivers thought of it). it took a lot more work then they usually do but it was fantastic!!

(was kinda shocked at the $25 admission,are summernats and pepsi nats gonna be the same price? ill pay anyway,just wondering)

Many of the drivers were happy with the track because it was smooth, tacky and allowed for plenty of racing. As far as prices, you can anticipate the majority of Summernationals $6k shows to be $20 GAdm and $25 for the $10k shows.

anyone who didn't get their moneys worth last night needs to stay at home.

once the rain ended, they rolled through the races faster than I think I've ever seen at any other track.

the rain helped create a great multi-groove track...and the top 3 put on a show weaving through lap traffic.

congrats to Korte on the win.

My wife and I drove up from the Ozarks to visit I-55 for the first time last night...............what an exciting and incredibly fast track we were treated to last night!!!! That was great.

Many thanks to the folks at I-55 for moving the program along like they did after they got going.......great job.

We had a blast watching Korte, Babb, and Moyer............and also trying to watch the battles from 7th-14th.

We'll definitely be back for maybe the MARS/UMP event and the WoO Late Models later in the year. I doubt the track will be as fast and racy (in the future) as it was last night, but we'd still like to be there.

The rain obviously helped us out with the racing last night. After reading some of the comments you local fans had about the track for previous races-----maybe I-55 will make an effort to prep the track comparable to how things worked out last night. It would take quite a bit of water and work though.

Well anyhow........see ya'll in Aug. and Sept.

Dan

Thanks Hooch but that idea actually came from one of those Promoter Workshops they have each year down at Daytona. No one ever thought we'd use it at I-55 but I'm glad Donnie Hoener and Ray Marler remembered
hearing about it.

It was a real last minute deal but it worked great and I think everyone enjoyed it.

TTG/MM

entertainment

Hooch Mtrspts said:
And Talker Guy, the lets make a deal was a very creative way to pass some time.
I agree...it was alot of fun...and it did seem to pass the time.

Talker Guy...I just want you to know that when you announced the front row of the modified race as alphabet soup,(bubba, C6 and Scotty, 4J) I couldn't stop laughing that was so funny...thanks for ALL of the laughs you definately keep me entertained. :)

That was the best racing I have seen in a long LONG time!!! Kudos to everyone at the track for gettin' it done!! The track was awesome all the way to the end and the competition as outstanding!! This weekend mother nature was a race fan!! My ears are still ringin' from the beautiful ROAR of all that horsepower. Someone actually offered me earplugs - when I asked them what on earth I would want those things for they told me "those late model cars tend to be a little loud". I laughed out loud and said "yeah - that's what I came here for and I will be disappointed to leave here without my ears ringing" - I was not disappointed! Awesome!! Awesome!!! Awesome!!!! Way to go Randy!!! Can you say DOMINATION??? You are on a roll!!! Good luck at the Dream - we will be cheering you on - make us proud!!

Back