My trip to Fountain, IL

The Talker Guy

The Talker Guy
Saturday night Tina and I ventured out in search of the Fountain Bar located in the heart of Fountain, IL.

After getting lost several times, going 40 miles out of our way, we met some very nice people in Valmeyer, IL who directed us back to the pumkin farm, make a left and bingo, "The Fountain Bar". Before that we got bad directions from a "settler".

When we walked up to the bar and saw the sign on the door that read "New Floor - Bikers Remove Cleats" we knew we were at our kind of place.

We had fun at the bar but if you ever go there, don't try to find it at night.
I swear a cow flew in front of our car.

TTG/MM

The locals, all six of them

OMG !!! You went to there ! That is a good time place .... We take the boat up the creek when the river is up and tie to a tree by the rail road tracks. Climb up the hill lay pennies on the railroad track go have some spirits and head back up the river. This place is really a good time. I bet I know which settler you recieved your information from LOL !!! Actually you probally passed it in your quest. You just blinked and missed it ! :D

You should have called me, TTG

You were down in our area.

Mike, no wonder you couldn't find it. Around these parts, it's called the Fountain Inn, at 1912 Fountain Road, phone # 618-935-2266. You see, if a famous, old-time, established family or local establishment was located on a county road when they renamed the roads for the 911 emergency system for the fire district and police departments, then that road was named for the family or business. Hence, Fountain Road for Fountain Inn.

Glad you had a nice time. Hope you got back to your local digs in a timely manner.

I 've been there a number of years ago the rat crew had a party and believe or not I was invited yeah it is kinda funky finding the place in the dark

Ahh Yes, drank many a beer at the ol Fountain Inn.
Back in the times before the flood. Ray Ratajczyk had a little homemade dune buggy with an old highland race motor in it, what a great little ride.
When Curt Allen was racing 3 tracks and 2 different associations rules we would change engines EVERY Saturday and EVERY Sunday. When it got to the really hot part of the year, we would rush to get done swapping motors by noon or so, so we could head down to the Fountain in the old buggy to cool off for awhile.
Gotta love places like that.

12/18/2010 limo will pick you up at columbia il sure you can find it

first right past famous jb bridge

we were honered by your visit

Back