Nascar & Jarrett

Racersedge

People are always talking about favortism well it looks to me like Nascar has played it big time. Why is it Jarrett can plain and simple take someone out on
national t.v. and get a held for 2 laps and Tony Stewart off camera hits another car after a Bush race and get put on probation for the rest of the year.
I like both drivers but don't see why one can do something on National T.V. and the other just gets a little slap.

Something isn't right here.

This I believe was Jarretts first offense and has never been on probation or in trouble. And I think Tony Stewart has been on probation several times and been in trouble many times. Once a "Hothead" always a "Hothead". That might be your answer why.

I watched the same race, Ryan newman beat on the 88 a couple times before he punted him, so the UPS man paid him back, call it racing, or whatever, but he had it coming, neither I would claim as my favorite, but fair is fair.Hated too se Harvick get in trouble over it, that was a bummer, but that many cars, that small track, 2 spin.........look out.........we will see what happens next as the points countdown turns......

I agree with 16Hfan, Harvick is the real loser in this deal...

I'm very surprised at no probation.

If Stewart retaliates against Johnson this weekend and ends up taking out Gordon as well...then what happens?

Also, there is a difference between hitting someone on the track and hitting someone after the race is over, expecially in the pits when there are people walking around that can get hit.

Ryan Newman learned from one of the best - Rusty Wallace - on how to beat and bang until you get the position you want. Dale Jarrett just had enough and did what he had to do to send a message to Newman. And you know what - I think the message was sent LOUD AND CLEAR!

Racersedge said:
People are always talking about favortism well it looks to me like Nascar has played it big time. Why is it Jarrett can plain and simple take someone out on
national t.v. and get a held for 2 laps and Tony Stewart off camera hits another car after a Bush race and get put on probation for the rest of the year.
I like both drivers but don't see why one can do something on National T.V. and the other just gets a little slap.

Something isn't right here.

Shane Hmiel received no punishment from NASCAR when he punted DJ at the spring Busch Bristol race this year and I would hardly call Hmiel a favorite. As far as Stewart, he has been on some form of probation almost his entire NASCAR career and in most cases, for good reason. Whether you can be objective about it or not, you have to agree Jarrett causes far less problems, both on and off the track, than Stewart and therefore is given a little lattitude when an issue like this occurs...

PitBoss said:
Ryan Newman learned from one of the best - Rusty Wallace - on how to beat and bang until you get the position you want. Dale Jarrett just had enough and did what he had to do to send a message to Newman. And you know what - I think the message was sent LOUD AND CLEAR!

AMEN to that!!!

I have no problem with Jarrett taking out Cryan Newman. He had it coming. Did anyone watch him the night before in the Busch race? Kahne was under him for the lead and it was a done deal. Then Cryan decides to pinch him off and run him onto the apron. Nice work! Kahne spins himself out rather than hit Newman. The bad part is that Jarrett retaliated at the wrong time and ultimately it hurt Harvick and a few others who had nowhere to go. That allowed Jeffy to back his way into contention again. I like the way you haters somehow managed to blame Rusty for this incident. Newman is not exactly what you would call his apprentice or something. If Rusty does something, you can bet Cryan goes out of his way to do the opposite. Sorta like where he runs on Sundays.

Back