Nascar Prelude to the Dream

Anyone know which nascar drivers will be in what cars?
Bobby Labonte in Earl Pearsons car, and other than that i haven't seen any.

I found this information on the Eldora Speedway web site about Nextel Prelude to the Dream. The NASCAR Nextel Cup driver participant list include; Robby Gordon, Bobby Labonte, Mike Wallace, Matt Kenseth, and Elliot Sadler. Ryan Newman, Jamie McMurray, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards, Mark Martin, Kenny Wallace (defending Prelude champion), Kenny Schrader, Dave Blaney, J.J. Yeley, Kyle Petty and Denny Hamlin. Also in the mix is the ageless veteran Red Farmer, along with NHRA standout Ron Capps. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Greg Biffle will be special non-driving guests, each of whom will have trackside responsibilities.

As far as it being on t.v. I'm not sure about the whole race. However, it will be on many highlight shows for sure. Last year, Dave Dispain (sp) had an in depth discussion about it with a few NASCAR drivers as well as listeners. Speed News also covered it. Both these shows were on the the SPEED channel.

For the people that dont have SPEED or worse dont know what SPEED is, I feel deeply for you. It is a race fans dream channel. For the people who dont have it try their website under FREE video's after the race http://speedtv.com/.

Bobby Labonte actually has his own late model this year. Pearson will be turning the wrenches for him. You can read more about this on the front page of this website.

Ray Cook and Bill Elliot are teamed up.

Steve Barnett will provide Kevin Harvick with a Rayburn #29 to drive.

Can't remember who's car it is but Mark Martin is driving a car that is a tribute to him. It's a pretty sweet looking car.

slideways said:
Can't remember who's car it is but Mark Martin is driving a car that is a tribute to him. It's a pretty sweet looking car.

That is Jared Landers car I do believe. He has had a modified sponsored by Mark Martin for a couple of years now. This year he also has a late model.

If this many Cup drivers were entered in a Busch Series race, we'd be hearing all about "Buschwhacking".

I think it's great these guys are going back to their roots.

Many of these drivers do not have dirt experience, it will still make it interesting on the high, banks of Eldora.

Kenny Wallace = Patrick Sheltra's Rayburn

Kenny Wallace = Ken Schrader Racing Rayburn

Kevin Harvick = Johnny Johnson's Rayburn

F.Martin#25fan said:
Anyone going to have live updates tonight? Or know any website that is?

I would check on Eldora's website. They do a really good job of live updates during big events (Dream, World, etc) so I'm guessing they might do the same during the Prelude.

Back