Nascar ****s

Big Len

Big Len
There was no reason not to red flag the race today,no one besides Jimmy Johnson wants to see the race end under caution. This is happening all the time,nascar knows fans are driving hundreds of miles to watch these races.There is know way i would purchase a ticket knowing there is a good chance that with 5 laps to go ,nascar is not going to stop the race and clean the track so the race may finish under green like it is sopposed to. Just my opinion!!!

They got to find someway, anyway, to end these races with a green flag. Thats supposed to be the best part of any race. It also seems like there is more and more drivers getting frustrated about either the officiating or the driving styles of their fellow drivers. :eek:

Good opinion in my book. After Dale passed I lost a lot of interest in NASCAR, over the last couple of years I have lost even more interest in it and there always seems to be controversey of some sort with their finishes, whether it's because of red/yellow flag issues or driver retaliation/judgement call issues. This tells me there's room for improvement and lots of it. I think the core NASCAR crowd that was there in the 80s heyday is long gone, I know I am. I'll mow the lawn and then watch the last 10 laps, or just check out Speed Channel news and see replays. I used to live by it, not no more! I expect more from a professional institution and they're not delivering at all. For something that's supposed to be the "top racing series," they definitely are not! Oh, one more thing, look up feminine hygeine products in the dictionary and Kevin Harvick's picture is there!

SamIam67 you hit it on the head, and I'm about done myself!!!!! It seems like ever since little France took over it's gone to hell!!!!! I'm about to sell my Kansas City tickets and watch on TV if I still can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I WOULDN'T GO TO A NASCAR RACE IF IT WAS ACROSS THE STREET FROM MY HOUSE! I also quit watching the B. S. on Sundays and now spend my time mowing the lawn, building a deck on my house, sweating in the sun, and I can tell you that at the end of the day I can feel proud that I did something with my time. I just happened to go inside today and catch the last 19 laps of the race. What a joke! It only took a couple of laps before I was already Pi$$ed! If NASCAR doesn't know when pit road should be open, how do they expect the drivers to know? I can't believe that people are still packing the grand stands to watch this thing called racing. Each NASCAR Nextel Cup event is like a soap opera. The leave you hanging at the end of the race. Tune in to Speed Channel for a complete explanation of what you just saw.

Amen. It has gotten so bad that I watched the end of the Formula 1 race from Canada instead of the start of the Cup race. Just the little bit of the Cup race that I did watch aggravated me to no end. I agree with you wholeheartedly, SamIAm, back in the 80's, when most people didn't know what NASCAR was, I lived and died by this sport, now, while all of the newcomers think it is great, I could give a s**t less. Another race not only ending under caution, but over 25% of the race was run under caution. Until things change, I'll never buy a ticket for a Cup race again. And, as to the Harvick issue, I couldn't agree more.

bnkr

interesting thought here,,,lets say DE jr is leading by a bunch of points going into the so called second season,and lets say some poor schumck is 401 points out,,cant win the cup,,done,but lets say this schmuck gets a fire lit under him and wins 5 or 6 races in the second season and lets say if they had been on the old point system he would have won the cup,,,my question is,,how big a jar of vasiline(in leu of the cup)will nascar give him?

kenseth got wut he deserved he shouldnt have done that to harvick if that was you i'm sure it would piss you off too i think this sport is gettin really watered down personally they need to show more WoO latemodel races on tv or somethin cause this nascar stuff is gettin a lil boring even tho i am a dale jr fan this is gettin a lil boring
they should just run short tracks instead of the big tracks i think they should do away with anything over a mile and a half

Bud Man is totally correct.... They need to take a page out of their own "minor league" truck series. They offer by far the BEST racing in NASCAR...

What happened between Harvick and Kenseth was terrible, first of all Harvick drove over the top of Kenseth ( it was noticable ) granite that is part of racing and so is what Kenseth did by raising Harvicks bumper and going around him..BUT the ramming during a yellow is uncalled for.
I have never seen Kenseth do anything like that before he is one of those drivers that holds in his temper and does not show it on tv, so Harvick and him must have things that go way back. They were both in the wrong, but Harvick could admit he did wrong..
Someone is going to get hurt either a fan or another driver if they continue to do childish stuff like that

Caution laps shouldn't count. If NASCAR doesn't want to run the full "advertised laps", then at least make it the rule that the last 10 laps run under green, since they seem to have a hangup with using Green-White-Checker. They just announced the latest scoring effort (another "adjustment" to the rules); supposedly the last electronic marker on the track the cars pass sets the field preceeding a caution. If this is true then the field is frozen at that point - why are they still counting caution laps?

After Talladega, I read NASCAR's forum & there were people from Alabama apologizing for their fans' behavior (throwing beer cans on the track). No one but NASCAR officials should have been apologizing. This past weekend, the PA fans were not only throwing beer cans, but coolers. These are fans that are very unhappy. They feel this is the only way NASCAR will listen. It's not like fans can just call NASCAR & tell them they're screwing up races. Yet the commentators condemn the fans on the air, saying the fan debris is why they didn't go back to green. Liars! At Pocono, two engines blew, dropping oil on the track. The announcers need to keep their opinions to theirselves & just call the race objectively. And I've always preferred Fox's coverage over NBC's but has anyone noticed that when there are "fan problems" or a couple of drivers about to have a discussion, we end up seeing five minutes of commercials??? This is pure censorship. It's as if they don't want the fans at home to see anything "bad" (Gosh! We might learn some of that bad behavior, huh?).

As far as Kenseth & Harvick, of course, we don't see everything that lead up to what they did show on TV, but looks like Mr. Matt might have started this one. He's an annoying perfectionist & maybe it's time he gets his nose a little dirty too, just like the other true drivers :)

not trying to stick up for Matt, but if you read Nascar it says that harvick started it.. and he is the one that got the worst end of it because they made them both finish and the tail end of the lead lap and matt finished 21 to begin with and that put harvick to 20th so I think nascar showed whose fault it was by doing that, if Matt was the driver that started it, i am sure they would have done something to hurt him also.. JMO I am going by what nascar has printed... I maybe wrong and will admit if I read differently on nascar..Ms.T

Nascar has sold out left thier roots and true fans behind for big $$$$$ No race should end in caution period.. As far as the commontators are they forgetting that without these fans they are putting down they dont have a job!! If i paid the money they did, to see crap like that i would probly throw something too..

Fox's coverage is horrible. Has anyone besides me noticed you don't even get to see the burnouts at the end of the race. Jimmie Johnson is one of the best at burnouts and because he wins when Fox has the coverage we don't even get to see it. I hope TNT steps up and takes all of the race coverage as soon as possible.

Perhaps some of the dirt tracks that don't run on Sundays will start running and we won't have to watch the so called Nextel Cup series. I know the dirt track drivers need a day off too, but at this rate, I just get my blood pressure up watching the awful races that Nascar has had the last two weeks. Come On Mr. France, Pull your head out of....well where ever it is and get back to good old racing! Stop fooling around with the rules and get back to basics.

"Jimmie Johnson is one of the best at burnouts" ???? What? I don't want to see Jimmie Gordon errrrrrr, Johnson do a burnout. I want to see Jeremy Mayfield get a shot at him under green. Nascar is WWF league.

Yesterday Wasn't Harvick And Kenseth's First Run In. I Remember The Clash They Had In The Busch Series Last Year When Johnny Sauter Was Involved Also. So Yesterday Doesn't Suprise Me.

I Agree, The Race Should End Under Green.

Back