nascar wants to go back to basics

pfcsparks

rubbin's racin
ok so i saw where nascar wants to go back to their basics and has started by going to a standardized start time, ok well that's fine and dandy. but in my opinoin they need to change some other stuff to, say like get rid of the top 35 being locked in and go back to the old qualifying format,i think you'll see a bunch more guys show up and try to make races, i know this will catch crap but get rid of the chase, if they didnt have that jimmie johnson would not be looking at winnign 4 titles in a row, and whcih after last night seems to be looking like what might happen, anyone else have any other ideas....oh i thought of one more thing get rid of brian france.....PLEASE!!!!!...

I totally agree. Funny noone driver gripes about the current system till they get stung by it. Hamlin said he hates the new point system because you have 10 races once your locked in to get to the top. Well if your starting 6th or worse......its almost impossible to get to the 1st spot especially when the big teams throw all their resources in to the 10 races. I think they should keep double file starts. Noone is locked in any race. No race to the chase. Get rid of the splitter and wings!!. Make the cars more stock appearing and even box looking if they have to. Heck........why not duplicate older bodies like in the 70's or 80's and run them?? I do like the safety features of the new cage design and that should stay.

Drop the top 35 being locked in. Bring back the cars that actually look like a car. Keep the new safety features. Drop the 10 race chase. Get rid of driver salaries and pay them a % of what they earn. Stop trying to be a TV reality show.

Nascar died when the Corporate World joined in and took over . Sent tickets sky high - the drivers do/did make nice paychecks. They got greedy. Now the average Joe that put them on the map can't afford to go anymore. So instead of going to 2 - 3 races a year they can't afford to go at all! The Stands are not full anymore! Where did Corporate America go ???? We know where Joe Blow is ! And that is not at the track ! To bad they ran us Rednecks off we were their reliable stability :( :rolleyes:

If Nascar wants to get back to its roots they should start with their engine rules. They should require the cars to run a version of their current truck engine not some specialized race only deal. If the car companies would develop parts for these engine then the small time racers would more likely adapt to these engines and more likely develop a loyalty to the product for their personal vehicle.

GM has a carburetted version of their LS3. If NASCAR required it then they all would have a version.

Nascar died when the Corporate World joined in and took over . Sent tickets sky high - the drivers do/did make nice paychecks. They got greedy. Now the average Joe that put them on the map can't afford to go anymore. So instead of going to 2 - 3 races a year they can't afford to go at all! The Stands are not full anymore! Where did Corporate America go ???? We know where Joe Blow is ! And that is not at the track ! To bad they ran us Rednecks off we were their reliable stability :( :rolleyes:

That's just exactly why I refuse to go to ANY kinda professional sporting event. They have long since priced me out of it. Nascar and the professional stick and ball sports are no longer "family events" or should I say average family.

Secondly, I got news for Nascar....their product absolutely sux!!!! I used to watch every race, now if i watch 3-4 a year that's it, and those are the Daytona Talladega races.. I tried to watch the one last week and couldn't do it.....ZZZZZZ..... I am as big of a race fan as anybody. I just have one requirement. It has to be good racing!!! The all mighty dollar ruin many things in lfe and Nascar is just one of them. Local level racing is doing it's darnedest to follow suit.

the almighty dollar has ruined everything. if they'd get rid of brian france, and put someone like like i oh i dunno.....one of the drivers from the 80s, things would be different, has anyone else heard of his kid being arrested on felony drug charges? oh and he also raced in the NASCAR grand am series, but he's suspended now. anyways i'm not sure who else would agree but i think dale sr would be spinning in his grave if he knew all about this crap they call nascar.
i went te atlanta over labor day weekend, and honestly the busch...i mean nationwide race was better than the cup race...even though harvick put but a whooping like i havent seen in a long time on the field. but then the next night the cup race was pretty blah to say the least, but i guess sense i had been drinking all day it made it a bit better.

Back