Need some help

cj8101

alright guys I have a chevy 305 msd ingnition holly 4412 carb comp cams cam but cant find the specs torker II intake solid lifters roller tip rockers. dont know If ya would need all that info just trying to save some time. Ok so here it is I have to adjust my idle to 1800 rpm to keep engine from stalling when put into gear I think that is way to high any ideas on how to keep my idle lower and the engine not die when put into gear??????????

Not enough info provided,but ya need to be sure that you have no vacume leaks,and you need to be sure your at least close on carb jetting. But more than anything I would say your gonna have to put about a 2200 to 2500 rpm stall converter in it.

The first thing for sure is to check for vac leaks, set timing, and make sure the throttle plates are not open too far uncovering the idle transfer slots. Turn idle mixture jets all the way in and back out 1 turn. set timing to 35 total. If all is well, then a too tight of converter < could> cause engine to die when dropped in gear but, the engine should idle down to atleast 1000rpm in neutral.

-Ron.

Back