New Changes at Lebanon I-44 Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Dusty Luthy
LEBANON - The Lebanon I-44 Speedway is already preparing for the 2006 racing season with some exciting, new changes.

Two of the speedway's most popular racing classes will become sanctioned by two major racing associations. The track will be sanctioned by the United Midwestern Promoters to encourage a Late Model racing league that will be even more rewarding to drivers.

For a $100 membership, Late Model drivers can participate in a points race locally, then continuing to compete on state, regional and national levels. To win the state level, a driver would receive $1,000, winning the regional level would secure $5,000 and the national level purse would give the driver $20,000 and pays out to 100 spots.

I-44 Speedway would also become sanctioned by the United States Racing Association for the Modified class. Modifieds would compete on a national points level, with $10,000 as the top prize. For winning the local track's points race, the driver would win $1,000.

Track promoter Randy Mooneyham said being sanctioned by these two organizations truly helps the drivers.

"For very little extra cost, our drivers can compete on a higher level and receive more for their efforts at our speedway," Mooneyham said.

Both of Mooneyham's tracks, I-44 and Monett Speedways, will be sanctioned by both organizations. Bolivar Speedway will be sanctioned as well.

Rule changes can be noted at the speedway's newly-remodeled website: www.lebanoni44.com <http://www.lebanoni44.com> . Updates on several drivers and what they are doing in the off-season will be available online in the coming weeks.

Lebanon I-44 Speedway is also adding a new nightly racing class. The Rookie class will be open to all new drivers; drivers who have won a feature in any class at Lebanon, Monett or Bolivar speedways will be ineligible. Legends and Mini-stocks will also be making periodic appearances at the speedway.

The 2006 schedule is almost complete. The much anticipated World of Outlaws race has been scheduled for Tuesday, July 25, 2006. Having the race on a Tuesday night allows the possibility for NASCAR drivers to compete. Mooneyham is in discussion with several Nextel Cup drivers about competing in the event.

Back