New guy here! Help me find a place to build a cage for me!

Gerrot

Like I said, new guy on the forum. Building a 4cyl car for next year. I have the car almost ready for the cage to be installed. However, I cannot find a lot of places to build a cage for me. I have talked to Izzy's out of Saint Louis, but they seemed quite high on the price. I was quoted an average cost of $1500! From others I have talked to that are racing this class, they spent $700-1000 max. I realize good work isn't cheap, and I don't want a cheap cage. But I also don't want the MOST EXPENSIVE one I can buy either!

Anyone know some shops in the area that do cage fabrication work? I am located in Crestwood, MO. Don't want to drive very far if I don't have to.

Another question of interest, I was at Tri-City last night watching, cars looked farely quick into the corners! Leaders were averageing 19.60-20.07 lap times. Anyone know how quick your going into the corners at? If any of you were out there, I have a lot of your times writen down, let me know what your car number is and I will let you know your lap times.

Thanks Guys! All help appritiated.

tca chassia they bult a good car i have 3 cars with them there about 450 to 600 i drive 17r and also own the 6w and it forsale. both cars have tca

In the 5 years i ran a Hornet we built 3 cars, two of the had TCA cages and the cage for the third car was Built By Izzy's. Both Places builds great cages.

In the 5 years i ran a Hornet we built 3 cars, two of the had TCA cages and the cage for the third car was Built By Izzy's. Both Places builds great cages.

How much did Izzy's charge you for your cage? Was it as expensive as they quoted me? And why are they so much higher in price?

17Rracin, your prices sound like what I thought I was going to spend, maybe I'll load it up and drive out there, even if it is a ways away, its still gonna be cheaper!

Based on the information you supplied they are averaging:
19.600s = 69.782 mph per lap
20.070s = 68.148 mph per lap

We are running about 70 mph.. my lap times? #711

PS. What car # ran the fastest lap times?

The fastest car was the little blue/black Neon with a 19.49. However, this was only in the heat, much slower in the feature. I believe it was Earl Pryer? Now on the other hand I believe your fastest was a 19.77. I have down a #71 car...may have written the wrong number so just going off what I have written. No 711 written down, so guessing this is you.

From my calculations, the fastest guys in the corner were hitting just over 72mph at times.

Thanks for the input guys! Btw, anyone know why Izz's is as expensive as they are?

i was drivin 17r what my lap time

You had and low of 19.72. But you stayed very consistant unlike other cars, you were right at 19.80 most of the race. vs the other guys going from 19.70s-22/23 laps. Your car seemed smoother/suttle exiting the corners vs other cars.

Slow and steady wins the race! By the way, what kind of car are you building?
You had and low of 19.72. But you stayed very consistant unlike other cars, you were right at 19.80 most of the race. vs the other guys going from 19.70s-22/23 laps. Your car seemed smoother/suttle exiting the corners vs other cars.

Please check the rules at the tracks you plan to race at... the v-tec motor (if that's what it has),is outlawed at most tracks in the stl area and is against UMP rules.

Its a NON-Vtec engine. From what I have read through the rules, I should be set. However, now that you bring rules up....Do I really have to have the stock dash in there? Seems kinda weird of a rule to me. I still have it saved if i need to put it in, but kinda seems dumb to me!

Anyone run at I-55? How fast are you guys going into the corners there? That track seems like it would be very fun to race on. Very short, very banked and a good car count.

BTW!!!! Called Don at Impressive Racecars, and he quoted me $700! I will be heading there for my cage for sure! Thanks for the help guys.

The top dash cover is all you need. That's to keep it "stock" appearing. I-55 is not a small track; speeds are the same there as tcs...70mph. Look forward to seeing you out there next season.

I may have to go back to my note book, but I swear the times were at least a coule seconds faster than Tri-City...May be wrong I guess.

I didn't have the dash in my old car and they never said anything to me. Also i got the cage from my old car if that would interested

TCS is a 3/8ths mile track and I-55 is a slightly smaller 1/8th mile. So times should be faster.... But because of the banking we carry the same speeds.

Back