New law? SHOULD BE!

BAD BOB

sick & twisted old man
Urine Test -- This guy has a point! This was written by a construction worker in Fort McMurray . Read on . . .

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig site for a Fort McMurray construction project. At any time I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ***, drink beer and smoke dope. Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? If you agree, please pass this along, or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country.

I didn't notice this happening in the 8 years of the "good, moral Republicans" in power either.

on the surface, this seems like an awesome idea; but, in this day and age of people that won't (notice i didn't say can't) do anything to better themselves, will certainly scream some sort of discrimination. i can just see that being an issue now. i didn't bring up race, so don't slam me for anything like that.there are all sorts of discrimination.

I know several people that were selling their link card money for crack money,and the bad part is it was usually other family members that would buy it.it was taking food from the kids mouths so they could smoke crack.they should drug test these people and if they cant pass take the kids away.

I know several people that were selling their link card money for crack money
Really? I didn't think most race fans knew a lot of crackheads. (Just kidding but it does sound a little odd that you'd know several of them who are doing this.)

20 rocks is right there are people that will sell there food stamps for the wrong reasons. Maybe they should drug test people for welfair and other freebes the goverment hands out. just guessing that 3 out of 10 people that sell them are on dope. I know a few people that get these serv,s and don't work and they are better off than me and I work hard for a living and don't milk the system. How can I say that? Because untill I woke up and made a change in my life for the better of all involved I was one of those free loaders. Not saying everyone on welfair or food stamps are bad people just there are a lot of people that are.

One day at work, I was talkin' to a sista' in passing. She just happened to be looking for this brotha' so she could get a food card from him. Come to find out he would sell them for like 60 cents on a dollar. So I agree, there needs to be some accountability with these programs.

Back in the foo stamp days I knew a bar/grill owner that would buy them for .30 on the dollar then buy food to suply his establishment.

I..

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS...but..i think it should be blood test..because all you got to do is make your kids pee for you..or what not..its easy to get around that situation as to where a blood test you would not be able to get around.... They also have synthetic pee as well...so..bring on the drawing of the blood...Im tired of paying for peoples habits...GRRRR...

:mad:

To me personally..i do not know why they dont issue food stamps like a debit card and when it gets scanned...ID will need to be provided to make sure its with the correct person who received the stamps. I totally agree..im tired of paying for peoples drug habits and seeing their poor kids suffer for this.

Really? I didn't think most race fans knew a lot of crackheads. (Just kidding but it does sound a little odd that you'd know several of them who are doing this.)

Mike, it's obvious with you two posts that you oppose this proposal. However, you've chosen to oppose it by attacking Republicans and 20rocks. Why not oppose it by listing reasons why you feel it is wrong? For example, you could argue that it would cost too much to implement. You could also argue that it creates too many hoops to jump through. What if someone is using a legal prescription drug that could possibly cause a failed test? How about test cheating as kayte04 mentioned? Would this even be effective?

I'm actually for the proposal. However, if I wasn't I would make points as to why I am opposed instead of just trying to take cheap shots at others.

Im for it too!! To many lazy, stupid people out there these days. Like our Federal government... Lets give money away!! And watch the BONUSES get handed out... Friggin idiots!!

To me personally..i do not know why they dont issue food stamps like a debit card and when it gets scanned...ID will need to be provided to make sure its with the correct person who received the stamps. I totally agree..im tired of paying for peoples drug habits and seeing their poor kids suffer for this.
They do and the stores don't check for ID see it done. Saw a lady get carded and she told the clerk she was the other persons nanny. Don't know if that makes it ok but I do know it's done all the time. Whats the real fix? I don't know. I do got 1 idea though GET A JOB if you wan't to eat.
Now I hear the goverment wants to give our social security to those people that sneak into the country and don't belong.

Back