New-- Need Advice

Rebelrick

My son has been racing Karts for 6 years & he is 15 now & I was thinking of getting a Crate late model. I'm lost on what I need.

1. What brand Chassis ??
2. How many sets of tires the first year ??
3. What all set-up equipment do I need ,,Scales, to set toe, camber, etc.??
4. Buy new or buy someone out ??

Thanks
Rick

1 Buy someone out!!
2 Tires will last probably all year barring accidents
3 scales caster-camber gauge tape measure or toe plates spare springs good record keeping or help someone out for a year so you know everything you are going to get into
4 no particular brand they all will win with good set-ups & driver

I have a 01 grt with a 604 race ready for 9500.Comes with some spare parts.
Ihave been racing crates for 3 years and the best way to get into it is to buy a complete car.

dont get into crates its going to get out of hand u will b spending to much money,on everything go modifieds take it serious

Can you take a mod and run a 3000 dollar motor for 50,000 national championship?
You can get into a complete race ready crate for what a top 5 mod motor will cost.

Call FORWARD racing for all your needs pick up a new FORWARD chassis 2007 C.A.R.S latemodel series champion and three track championships all in 2007:D call race 618 231 2300

Swartz Race Cars

I have 06 swartz race car one of the top car builders in the nation built by autie swartz asking 9500 nice car
call me for more information about
call ace racing
ask for monty 417-718-7480

I agree with wydopn18. We've raced mods, limited lates, and crate lates. Crates have been the least expensive to run with the bigger payouts. Contrary to popular belief, everyday racers are winning the bigger purses. Of course, every class can get out of hand on how much is spent. But, dollar for dollar, crates have been very cost effective for us. If you haven't raced more than one class, it's probably not wise to comment on how much a person does or does not know. We certainly don't know everything, but our experience in different classes has taught us what is cost effective and what is not.

you should check to is if he can run crates ump says you have to be 16 to run late models dont know if this for the crates put you should check. my son come from karts to crates but in fastrack in 04 and was 14 at the time so look at fastrack to run in. good luck

Back