NEW Sportsmen rules for Fredericktown to allow for more competition and bigger $$$$$$

Millsey

Tonight following a meeting of some of the area racers along with Fredericktown Raceway promoter Terry Flanagan, a new set of Sportsmen class rules were adopted to promote more competition in the class for the recently announced GUARENTEED $500 TO WIN payout. The payout guarentee is also for the modifieds.

Here are the new rule changes:

NEW SPORTSMEN RULES:

Full frame cars (frame may be fabricated from center of rear end back)

Stock lower control arms - 3 link, pull bar allow (no spring load)

No coil over or coil over eliminator

Leaf springs allowed - multi leaf only (weight jacks allowed)

2,900 pounds

Cast iron blocks

Cast iron heads - after market heads 100 pound penalty

No roller cams

1 3/8" venturi 2-barrell carbs only

Any single carb intake

Max 2" adapter or carb spacers allowed

Racing gas only (no alcohol)

Stock type clutch

Aluminum flywheels allowed

Triple disk allowed (100 pound penalty)

No racing transmissions - stock type with all working gears (no Bart, Brinn, etc)

Automatic transmissions must have working converters

TIRES:
Dirt Street or Super Street: or Dirt Stock or Super Dirt Stocks ONLY
27.0-7.0-15
26.5-7.0-15
26.0-7.0-15

Here's the NEW PRIZE!!! And it's GUARENTEED....
New payout for SPORTSMEN & MODIFIEDS
1 - $500
2 - $350
3 - $275
4 - $200
5 - $150
6 - $100
7 - $95
8 - $85
9 - $75
10 - $65
11- $55
12 - 20 - $50

Who knows, this might even improve!!!!!

payout

O.k., thats been hashed out. Now lets take care of the real show....... Thats right the mini-stocks :D

Well, I Sure Hope This Brings Them In For You Guys. You Deserve It. If It Doesn't, At Least You Get A "e" For Effort.

Andy is your car going to be ready to race at this Sunday's Azalia festivle race?

John Barr
The Trashdog

Trashdog,

As Of Right Now, No It Won't. I Definitely Wish It Would Be Though. Things Are Progressing A Little Slow. I Have Everything Together To Finish The Car, But My Helper(maisel) Is Really Busy Right Now With His Business, And His Own Racing. In Case You Didn't Know Steve Owns His Own Lawn Maintannace Business And Right Now With All The Rain, He Is Working Till Dark Almost Every Night. Add On Top Of That I Have To Be Up At 4:30 In The Morning For Work Myself, So Not Much Time To Accomplish Much.

As You'll Know, I Am A Rookie To The Owning, Driving, And Maintaining Of A Racing Operation, So I Need All The Help I Can Get. I Have A Lot Of Money Invested In The Equiptment I Have And Still Lack A Lot(shop Stuff). So Needless To Say, I Will Wait(on My Helper) And Make Sure Everything Is Done Proper, To Give Myself The Best Shot At Being Successful, And Hopfully It Will Be A Pleasurable Experience And Not Something I Regret.

Regret ???

REGRET Andy ???? After the first night you will REGRET you decided to do this :eek: LOL!!!! And then you are hooked and it's all HISTORY from there :D :D :D
GOOD LUCK to ya's ...... :)

Andy

Lisa speaks the truth, even if you don't race it that much you won't want to sell it. It will become the other woman. Your wife will become very jealous every time you want to take her out.

Back