new tech guy

kennywayne

its nice to finally so a tech man that knows whats going on. even better that he was fair to everyone and not adjusting on his car so it would pass. hope tom is there every night.

sorry

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Tom was just there to help out with the big show. More cars were expected and more tech was to be done, but it just got to late with the rain delay. Even with Tom, Jason and myself looking Friday night, we still had 3 incidents of people accusing us of not being fair. Doing this tech work is alot more difficult than anyone realizes. After the races, Tom even said that it isn't worth all the griping and complaining.
As for being fair and knowing what is going on, I am as fair as anyone can be in my position, and I have never, I repeat NEVER adjusted on any car to get it to pass tech.
DEREK DESPAIN
FREDROCK TECH INSPECTOR

Derek is right. You couldn't pay a guy enough to do that job. I think he and Jason do a good job and don't deserve the crap that comes with it. One suggestion I gave to Terry and Curley was to limit the amount of people allowed when tech is being performed. Could help out a little, you would only have to put up with a smaller amount of people stirring up crap and not half of the people in the pits. I saw no favortism and ask everybody to show a little patience and respect. I even had somebody complain to me that the vacuum gage was inaccurate, until they went home and came up with the same reading. But, they were convinced the tracks gage was off. Just goes to show ya, you should know what you are squaking about before you run your mouth!

To bad we need a good tech guy

its to bad to here toms not going to be the tech guy. derek is keeping at lest 5 pure street cars from coming that i know of. who wants a tech guy that ran a triple disk clutch that is illegal last year at sfcr. his reason was that it is a camaro and that is all that would fit. that bull, wolf, savage, and the blair boys all run camaros and dont have a cheating clutch. i and the rest of the racing community would be better off having a good tech be it tom or who ever just not derek.

its to bad to here toms not going to be the tech guy. derek is keeping at lest 5 pure street cars from coming that i know of. who wants a tech guy that ran a triple disk clutch that is illegal last year at sfcr. his reason was that it is a camaro and that is all that would fit. that bull, wolf, savage, and the blair boys all run camaros and dont have a cheating clutch. i and the rest of the racing community would be better off having a good tech be it tom or who ever just not derek.

WHAT DOES IS IT MATTER??? Everyone cheats with what they can get away with anyway. :eek::eek::eek:

Integrity is a characteristic trait found in only a small number of the worlds population today....The good old days are gone....

Stop crying....race your cars....spend your money.....and enjoy your vapor of a life...because before you know it...it will be over.

everyone doesnt cheat

sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone is a cheater. i know if a couple of car that are completely legal and that is what pisses people off that are cheating.

Tech should be done in a neutral zone, with the tech man and one crew member/ driver. Mark out an area, like by the scales and only allow the tech man, car and one team member to be in the zone...

As far as "adjusting to make it legal" goes....that is their job as tech men. At least they are making sure the car is playing by the rules if they do that... Worry about it when they adjust to make it "illegal":rolleyes:

dnh

You must need something to do with your spare time.. Get your facts straight, or talk to me face to face.. The FACT is that the triple was all we had, and we went racing.. When we got the extra $$ we changed it. I owned the car and it was my call.. That was last year at another track.. Lets stay current and get on with life. We will continue to tech sometimes more sometimes less. Thats the way to even the field. If you have a problem take it up with us in person. Be glad to talk to you, if you are reasonable.

sorry to burst your bubble but not everyone is a cheater. i know if a couple of car that are completely legal and that is what pisses people off that are cheating.

its ok...everyone has a wooden nickle they are free to contribute. After all this is America...Land of the free. I guess I was just attempting to direct all the people reading this board to try to put more energy into enjoying their freedom instead of wasting time complaining about things that they can not change. Just a thought...if everyone or more people ran completely legal cars....it would not be hard to identify the cheaters....they would be the ones lapping everyone else. So the question is...What is more important?
1. Winning
2. Racing with integrity
I am thankful for the tech guys. I think that they are doing the best job they can. You know the responsibility is the driver's...or pit crew's.
Here is a idea to check those who others may think they are cheating.
A breakdown cost $300. That is what the rules state. Well if several drivers get together and split the cost.......You know let the driver's take responsibility. Let the tech guys do their job's and say thank you.

Jmo

JMO.....I think anyone with the balls to tool around with PINK penguin on their dashboard would definately have the balls to stand up to some silly race car drivers!!!!:eek:
P.S. If you're still looking for Mr Goodwrench, try movin that pink glare out of your eyes! ha! Hey.....I know a guy who drives a car with alot of pink on it already (??), maybe he has some room for a PINK penguin. And, we all know he drives with his eyes closed so... the glare wouldn't bother him a bit!!!!!!:rolleyes:

integrity vs winning

alot of racers would give their left eye just to win a race-some will cheat every way they can.yet to me it seem's like the cheaters are still mid pack cars-i have been called a cheater since my first win-25 feature and 36 heat wins later ,a night doesn't go by i don't hear "cheater".been tore down and they still say your cheating-it happens at all tracks in all classes-if your winning your cheating-what pisses me of the most is the ones who know nothing about you or your car ,but yet they just know your a cheater.it doesn't bother me at all being tore down,just to prove i am legal-i have actually offered 1/2 $ tear downs but they still wouldn't accept.you could't pay me enough to tech,every tech guy has buddies that race-i was really surprised that jason had me pull my valve cover and plug friday-but i am really glad he did-shows me there won't be any favortism,which is the foundation for a good tech team.

??

Please DON'T!! What happens between you and the penguin, stays bewteen YOU and the penguin!!:eek::p

hey, she started it! Besides, I was talking about its eyes, cause it is an albino! You people should get your minds out of the gutter!

ohhhhh.....

I can't take it anymore......this whole conversation is making me the L___ word!!!! (If you're having trouble figuring that one out, ask Homie!! haha!):D

Back