New Terrorist Warning

This is a new terrorist warning issued yesterday, I recieved this in an email from a lady I work with whose dad works for the government. Just thought I'd pass it along.

MEMO

TO: All Departments

DATE: 5/13/04

SUBJECT: ALERT

Please be advised I just received the following Government Warning from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Here it is verbatim:

“There has been a huge purchase ($32,000 worth) of United Parcel Service (UPS) uniforms on eBay over the last 30 days. This could represent a serious threat as bogus drivers (terrorists) can drop off anything to anyone with deadly consequences!
If you have ANY questions when a UPS driver appears at your door, they should have a valid I.D. Additionally, if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make sure they are driving a UPS truck. UPS doesn’t make deliveries or pick ups in anything except a company vehicle.”

If someone or a group goes to the trouble of acquiring UPS uniforms, rest assured they will present forged “valid I.D.’s” and it takes very little effort to paint a van brown and slap on a UPS logo, therefore.

I recommend if any one detects the slightest “red flag” about ANY delivery person to this facility, contact Security immediately. With courtesy we will check out the validity of the driver. Better safe than sorry, friends.

Mike Sparks
Director public Safety / Security
Ext. 3153

that is the fourth time i have seen that same "threat". i do not think that it really happend, then again never too carefull,

That figures!!!!!! I get lots of emails like this, but this came from the lady I work with who got it from her dad. So the one time a actually pass it on, it's not real!!!!! Oh well, that's my luck!!

97modracer said:
Additionally, if someone in a UPS uniform comes to make a drop off or pick up, make sure they are driving a UPS truck. UPS doesn’t make deliveries or pick ups in anything except a company vehicle.”

That is definitely false. My friend gets daily UPS collections and deliveries to his place, and every year his normal driver gets a rented truck around mid November, cause he has to let his UPS one go to a two man crew for the Christmas rush.

sorry,this not true. I am a driver and you cannot sell your uniform or its a felony. A ups worker sold his clothes a couple of years ago when he retired. He is now doing time cause he sold them on ebay.Also as a driver , i worry every day "is there a bomb on my truck or not". We do not screen the packages so we really dont know whats in there.I made a delivery to the union electric plant in south county and the sacurity guard check in my truck and under my truck when I went through the check point.The thing that scare me the most is sacurity did not scan the boxes.Hell there could have been something in there,who knows. Its not whats in the truck you have to worry about,its whats in the boxes!!!!!!!!!!!

also when peak season hits from Nov to Dec, we do rent trucks from U-haul for the extra drivers that they hire.But I will say this, about 5 years ago when I was a air drive,we ran out of trucks for me to drive,and I drove my car that day, so really you do need to see a ID from the driver. We do carry them in our pocket with a picture on it ........ Please be care.

Back