New Track Photographers at I-55 Raceway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Mike Clemente & myself (Jimmy Dearing) have teamed up and will take on the challenge as the new I-55 Raceway track photographers.

There will be some very noticeable changes to the way photos will be sold. We are both DIGITAL photographers and we will NOT have a photo stand, booth or trailer at the track. Photos will be purchased ONLINE through our new website www.i55photos.com .. (We just didn't want the added expense of printing dozens and dozens of photos each hoping someone will buy them or the expense of paying someone to work a photo booth.)

You will have a huge selection of photo sizes to choose from. You will also be able to have specialty items made with your photo on it such as mouse pads, mugs, key chains, buttons, t-shirts and much more.

You will also be able to make a few changes to your photo online before having it printed, such as cropping and zooming in on certain areas.

All transactions will be made by credit card and payed at the time of purchase!

Mike and I just enjoy taking pictures and wanted to come up with a simple way for us to have good quality pictures for the racers and fans at I-55 Raceway. Neither one of us wanted to be tied down to having prints made each week. We both work full time and most of you know all the other tasks that I have going.

That way every one should be able to get the shots they want, that should work out real well, especially with two guys shooting.

The pro 4's will be on there. It takes a while to upload them there because I have to upload the big files off camera.

I told you MIKE WAS BACK!!!!

This is probably the greatest news for I-55 this year! We might actually get pictures of the entire cars - in focus and up-close. Actual action shots and checkered flag carriers in places other than the front straight away as they are taking off (typically the flag wasn't "unfurled" yet).

Jimmy has always done a good job with pics, but other commitments at the track has not allowed him to take a whole night of racing's worth of photos.

Mike is just plain good. He (like Trashdog) just happen to be standing in the right places when things go on. I have seen Mike RUN through the pits to grab a photo - haven't seen Trashdog or Jimmy D do that yet! :D LOL!

The on-line ordering is great! No more waiting for someone's unsupervised kid to get done putting his cotton candy covered fingers all over the books especially when he doesn't have any intention of buying anything anyway. That really irritated me.

Good luck to the both of you and I look forward to seeing some awesome photos of what Belle-Claire and I-55 REALLY have to offer!

Joe

Good luck to the both of you and I look forward to seeing some awesome photos of what Belle-Claire and I-55 REALLY have to offer!

We are not doing Belle-Clair, just I-55...Mike only wants to do one night a week and I cannot commit to be at Belle-Clair every week.

Well, we'll settle for just I-55 for now...

That eliminates the cotton candy critter problem either way!

maninmo84 said:
Thats great Jimmy, but what about those of us who don't have credit cards (don't want one.)?

I'm sure if someone wants a picture, we'll go the extra mile to do what it takes to get them the picture they want.

I like the idea but what about the people that don't have a computer? But then again now a days almost everyone has access to a computer in one way or another. What about setting up a TV and have pics that you have taken flash across the screen so people could see them and could place and order from there? Just a thought. I am sure there is alot more to it than that....lol.

Tom

To Get The Best Shot Good Photographers Have To Put Them Self In Harms Way. You Know The Eye Of The Storm!:D

I Guess Thats Why I'm Not A Good Photographer!:D

Lol..ive seen John Poole literally jump in towards spinning cars..to get a good shot at Godfrey..and he is a heck of a nice guy. Good luck to Jimmy and Mike on their new adventure and remember..helmets are optional.

Back