New UMP Mod Rule

ALCOHOL

#1 Rule Bender
What's the point with the new 2400 Lb. weight rule? It was said that this was because of the wreck at S'field mile track. UMP said that the cars are not safe enough. If that's the case, why do they allow them to race any mile shows? And what does adding another 50 Lbs. to the car have anything to do about making them safer? I'm not trying to start anything here, just my opinion on what was said this weekend at Louisville Ky.... at the UMP table.

I normally don't mess with UMP much but what they are trying to do, I think, is trying to get people to add a few more bars to the cars and by raising the weight rule you really have nothing to lose. But what they should do is be more specific on where and how they want you to add the bars. I agree that the modifieds do not have enough side strength on the mile. If you get turned sideways and get T-boned in the passenger side, there is really not much between you and the other car. I think that is what they are trying to achieve.

i don't know y they are doin it but i do think going from 2350 till 2400 lbs will help some. I know you said earlier 25 lbs but i beleive its 2350 not 2375lbs.i only know tihs because of doing the weigth scales at highland.

If i'm not mistaken adding weight would just add to the force on the impact. They should of just told them where they wanted the bars to make them safer not leave it up to the driver.

I think that this rule doesn't harm anyone. I mean 2400 lbs is not a restrictive weight for a modified. We have to be 2450 with very UMP-like rules at Lakeside in Kansas City. I think that 2400-2500 lbs is right about where the weight rule should be. It keeps the weight freeks from gaining too much of an advantage and believe it or not it actually keeps people from doing alot of stupid things that sacrifice safety for a few pounds.

here's a new mod rule- quit crashing all the time amd start using the engine claim!

Jaded

Just out of curiosity what track do you go to? I keep seeing you
mention the modifieds and all their spin outs and yellows.. I know the mods at our track do a fantastic job. I just want to make sure we avoid this track you go to. :D
Lisa

Back