NEW Yellow Flag Policy!!

stot16

This is a post for all racers, all tracks, all promoters, and anyone else with an opinion. I have seen far too many yellow flags at the start of a race for the past few years. A lot of the spins are obvious that was caused by a single driver or possibly two drivers trying to win the race in the first corner. What needs to be changed is the guy who caused the yellow, needs to be put to the rear and charged with 1 yellow. It drives me crazy seeing these guys getting their spots back. So, let's hear what you all have to say to this. I think it would definitely cut down on the yellows at the start of a race.

Tri-City did just that for the past several years and changed it back like the other tracks this year. They now have a lot more cautions now on the first lap than they used to have.

Yellow on the 1st lap to the rear just like every other lap I agree!
During the heats I am ok with the 2 unassisted spins you're in rule. But during the features make it 1 unassisted spin and in. When you have 20+ cars on the track, giving everyone 2 spins can make a race last for ever. Especially when you have 5-6 cars who make it a weekly habit. Seems here this year we don't have many 20-25 lap features. We have 5 or 6, 3 and 4 lap features. jmo

I like it......More than once I've been caught up in some other bobo's wreck or win in turn one attitude. Double file restarts make the problem even worse.

I say we have little yellow flag stickers made up and apply them to the car that causes the caution. After so many your leash gets shorter and shorter. hehehe Kinda like a dunce hat per se.

That's funny Jack!! Just like people put their "Feature Winner" sticker on. some will have a bunch of yellow flags stuck on... Good stuff

To the top......^^^^^
I say we have little yellow flag stickers made up and apply them to the car that causes the caution. After so many your leash gets shorter and shorter. hehehe Kinda like a dunce hat per se.

Back