Newest edition!

COUPE FAN

DUANE MARBURGER
Newest ADDITION

Picking this 37 chevy up saturday morning! It was a allied auto racing assn car built in 1964/1965 by bob lueke. It raced at belleville, lake hill and desoto race tracks in the 60's and 70's. I can't wait to get it home!

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 268
It was bob luekes car in the mid 60's #74 with checkered flag auto sales, then sold to sloans auto body in desoto and raced there as the #25 car and in the later 70's it raced as the #3 car sponsored by arnold ready mix.

I want one

I have been looking for years to buy a car just like this not ness the bodysy style, but a vintage car I could fix up and this one looks perfect for me, if you hear of any others like this anywere let me know, I dont have a lot of money but I want to build one of these cars and come race with you guys.

curt

The drivers

Here are the three know drivers and the way the car looked. #74 bob lueke, #25 gordon mallory, and #3 shorty couch.

Attachments

• BOB-LUEKE-LOW.jpg
    BOB-LUEKE-LOW.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 203
  • GORDON-MALLORY-LOW.jpg
    GORDON-MALLORY-LOW.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 198
  • SHORTY-COUCH-LOW.jpg
    SHORTY-COUCH-LOW.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 196
How it looks today

Here it is, it is restorable but it will take me a while.

Attachments

• DSCN9021-LOW.jpg
    DSCN9021-LOW.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN9023-LOW.jpg
    DSCN9023-LOW.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCN9024-LOW.jpg
    DSCN9024-LOW.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN9025-LOW.jpg
    DSCN9025-LOW.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN9026-LOW.jpg
    DSCN9026-LOW.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN9027-LOW.jpg
    DSCN9027-LOW.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 183
I like it as #74, are you going to paint it like one of those pics? When you get to that point. You putting a flathead back in it?

I like it as #74, are you going to paint it like one of those pics? When you get to that point. You putting a flathead back in it?

:DI think you should paint it like Mallory...That is where my #25 came from. Dustin, you'd better look again, there ain't a flathead in that car in any of those pics. Chevy straight six with a chrome valve cover...;)

Absolutely, Jason! Dad and I haven't been matching up on our work schedules enough to make it down. I am working 50-60 hrs per week(Mon-Sat, days). He is on eves, but getting ready to rotate to days soon...

Back