Next season's NEXTEL car's

dirtgoon

'89 S-10, 350 Smallblock
Just seen in the USA Todays article on Dale Jr. that NASCAR is using the old style body till sometime in March. Anybody know which race they'll change the body styles? Not realy looking forward to seeing shoeboxes with spoilers. At least Daytona will be interesting.

i'm pretty sure it is bristol and then i believe there are 15 other races that this car will be ran in this season

It is Bristol on March 25th. Hope they race better than they look!

Do you think they are trying to get sprint car fans interested by adding that wing ? Nascar has lost all contact with what made it racing. Now it "is" just a bunch of "circle track taxicabs" ! I am going to have to pass on watching that .

I'm not sure I like the new design but I love the idea. They are making them slower and boxing them up like the old days when the racing was much better. If it goes as planned there should be more side by side racing much like the local short tracks, which is a great thing. I'm glad I will be at the first race to see how it goes.

NASCAR is reminding me alot of how the NHL is being run. Some change is good, i.e. soft walls. The NHL is screwing with the game so much now it's a joke. Next year, teams are going to wear tight fitting 'bicycle' jerseys because the NHL sold out to Rebok and got alot of money to do it. NASCAR is doing the same thing year to year now. Part of the reason people identify with NASCAR is that the cars did look like something an every day fan could drive home from a dealership. Tradition in both sports have taken a beating in the last few years. The NHL in a few years will be a ballerina ice show with a bunch of euros after Gary Bettman gets his wish of banning fighting. NASCAR needs to stick to their 'roots' or else they'll be as big of a joke as the NHL.

i think the car of tomarrow is only out for 4 races this year
both bristol and martinsville races
they are being introduced with something like a 4 year plan

All short track and road courses this year. They will add Super Speedways and the 2 mi tracks in '08 and all the rest by '09.

I guess enjoy it while you can. Not impressed by the 'car of tommorrow'.

I couldnt agree more..........

What was wrong with racing street type cars? Since when are 4 door cars 2 door cars? I will give them rear wheel drive over front wheel drive. Seems like it all went to hell in a handbag when they started using radials and all the aero stuff. Took the driver out of the equation somewhat. Granted it still takes a good driver, but it all revolves around air tunnel tests and engineers massaging things till they slide thru the air .Go back to factory specs on the body templates and make them look like Detroits finest and let the best man win. Amost forgot, stick the restrictor plate where it cant see the light of day again. They raced at high speeds back in the day and there werent any more "big ones" than there are now and with all the new safety advancements they would be safer but more enjoyable to watch. I miss the freight trains and real drafting passes.
Guess the best racing has passed away in those long gone days.

Back