NHRA on dirt.. what a joke

gpc racer

One of the worse ideas ever i feel bad for all the everyday crate racers who had their cars wrecked. I heard the NHRA drivers were going to treat everyone equipment with respect. They sure respected eddie dixon and rylan daggs cars they looked pretty bad at the end of the night. None of those drivers had any business being out their. took nearly an hour to drive 20 laps and only 2 cars finished wow great race

I would like to thank the NHRA driver, Kenny Koretsky, who drove our crate car. He went out there and hot lapped and drove in his heat and the motor was running hot. He didn't want to tear anything up and hurt himself in the process so he decided to sit out on the feature. He was scared to get into the car anyways. He told us up front he knew how much the cars cost and how much hard work and effort was put into the cars and if he didn't feel comfortable out there that he didn't want to drive it. He liked going out there and racing it but was so worried of blowing up the motor. Come to find out, a spark plug got loose and fell off the motor and that was the reason the motor was running hot. When we told him it was just a spark plug he still told us he would rather sit out because he didn't want to tear it up. I would like to thank him for being so kind. A lot of stuff did get tore up! And we're thankful ours didnt. We would have hated for it to get tore up when Todd only had 4 laps in the car at practice before. Kenny is a great guy and was very kind. He was very down to Earth, as was his crew chief. Thank you guys!

***Britt and Todd***

was you at the same track. they didnt run 20 laps. went down to 10 laps but i dont think they even finished 10. I respect that they at least came out. those guys are seriously busy. i went to gateway thursday and koretsky was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. he was dropping in a new engine and pacing. i watched him get in and out of the rental car heading for tri city twice. he was trying to find a lathe on site to do some work. he was too busy to go to tri city but he kept his commitment. Koretsky doesnt have as big of team as most of them. he does a lot of work himself. hes bad azz fast too.

i wish i couldve seen it, it would have been nice to see someone else on dirt besides nascar drivers, i bet this was a huge adjustment for these guys from doing 300 mph to whatever a crate does and then you gotta turn em. i say good job to the nhra drivers and kevin and crew for putting on the show!! just stinks that i missed it.

One of the worse ideas ever i feel bad for all the everyday crate racers who had their cars wrecked. I heard the NHRA drivers were going to treat everyone equipment with respect. They sure respected eddie dixon and rylan daggs cars they looked pretty bad at the end of the night. None of those drivers had any business being out their. took nearly an hour to drive 20 laps and only 2 cars finished wow great race

always someone to complain about something. those that owned the crates knew what they were getting into and donated their cars and time and fuel and everything else it takes to put on a show. do you really think they wrecked those cars on purpose. if you do thats being prett dumb. thanks to all involved for putting on a show to remember..

CRD Motorsports would also like to thank all the NHRA guys for coming out to Tri City Speedway last night. They have very busy schedules and they took the time to come out for the fans. We had an awesome time with Ron Capps driving our car. And yes he was involved in a crash. Ron is one of the most respectful people we have met in a long time. Nothing but a class act. He felt terrible about the accident and did offer to cover the costs. It was a racing accident nothing more or less. So the race lasted long and only few finished it was still a fun time.

CRD Motorsports
Casey, Renee and Danny

CRD Motorsports would also like to thank all the NHRA guys for coming out to Tri City Speedway last night. They have very busy schedules and they took the time to come out for the fans. We had an awesome time with Ron Capps driving our car. And yes he was involved in a crash. Ron is one of the most respectful people we have met in a long time. Nothing but a class act. He felt terrible about the accident and did offer to cover the costs. It was a racing accident nothing more or less. So the race lasted long and only few finished it was still a fun time.

CRD Motorsports
Casey, Renee and Danny

And I would like to thank you Racer mom, for donating that t-shirt!! I did post a few things thanking you guys but didn't know your screen name on here!! I'm going to see about getting those decals and i'll have them for you on a friday night!! Thanks again. How did the car actually turn out? Was everything destroyed? Your car looks great out there on the track! You guys definitely have a new fan out there now!!! :D:D
***Britt***

Yes, that NHRA feature was kind of brutal, but it was almost worth it to hear Gary Scelzi's "And I've been to a lot of !@#$holes" line in victory lane.:eek::D

Casey will be happy to put the decal on his car to support Hannah. The car was not that bad just a couple of things in the front end to replace which the boys did last night at the track. We should be able to make the races tonight. The sheet metal just doesn't look every good right now.

Renee

Yes, that NHRA feature was kind of brutal, but it was almost worth it to hear Gary Scelzi's "And I've been to a lot of !@#$holes" line in victory lane.:eek::D
I like this one better in 50 plus years never heard this phrase from the winner MAN WE STINK

Did you go to the race? I don't get it if you did and came home sad. Why did you go? What do you expect to see? NHRA on dirt is like taking the fan in the stands and asking them to race your car. That is the chance you take when you say please drive my car. poop happens. Everyone knew what might happen so why knock it. It is hard to get this city to back racing to start with. Everyone shoud be happy they came. Not trying to bash you but give em a break, they drive in a straight line. I bet if you ask them if they would do it again , most of them would say yes. It was nice to hear one of them offer to pay for fixing the car. And thank you for offering him to use your car. Can everyone that offerd the NHRA drivers to use there car say if they offerd to fix the car or just said thank you and walked away. I my self did not go due to work but Im glad they came by to race. THANKS TO NHRA for coming to St. Louis

not trying to start nothing and i don't think NHRA is a joke but maybe we might think of stepping down a class or 2 next year cause they was only 1 car without much damage 2 it but after 2 hot laps and a heat race them guys knew if they could drive or not and maybe take it a little easy on our cars yes we knew we was taking a chance but come on they got worse the more laps they ran and its a good thing they was not in the mods like they first talked about they would not had a car left and if they would ran the full 20 laps we still might not had a car left very sad could not even make 20 laps but it was nice to might all of them and they was all very nice but maybe we should think of making them lease the cars that way we would not be out all the money but it is all about the fans i just hope they all enjoyed it that way it was not for nothing

Well I wasnt going to say anything but here goes,,,NHRA on dirt was ok,People on here bashing these guys, everyone knew what they were getting into before hand,, some of the drivers said that they had NO experience on dirt at all!!! Dont bash these guys, they do a differnt kind of racing, If you dont like dragracing thats ok,, But if you have never stod next to a top fuel or funnycar when they start one in the pits or stood on the starting line when 2 of them take off from a standing start, and feel the ground pound and your vision blurrrr from 8000 horses takeing off, you need to say nothing,, What these guys do is not easy,,, I wish the whole thing was better organized,,it was kinda out of control,, autograph session spoda be at 5:30 till 6:00 didnt happan, well then it was spoda be after NHRA hot laps,, didnt happan,,,,I heard some of the NHRA guys was willing to pay to get the cars fixed,,, you cant beat that,,, The NHRA guys are ok with me TCS needs to get their stuff together when they have stuff like this,,Like someone said on here, "Its like taking a fan out of the stands and said race this car" put YOU in a funnycar and say race it you will look like a bozo also, your not going to go 330 MPH in a 1/4 mile!!!!!!

not trying to start nothing and i don't think NHRA is a joke but maybe we might think of stepping down a class or 2 next year cause they was only 1 car without much damage 2 it but after 2 hot laps and a heat race them guys knew if they could drive or not and maybe take it a little easy on our cars yes we knew we was taking a chance but come on they got worse the more laps they ran and its a good thing they was not in the mods like they first talked about they would not had a car left and if they would ran the full 20 laps we still might not had a car left very sad could not even make 20 laps but it was nice to might all of them and they was all very nice but maybe we should think of making them lease the cars that way we would not be out all the money but it is all about the fans i just hope they all enjoyed it that way it was not for nothing

if you are one of the owners that let them use your car, thank you. it was fun for the fans. i sat where other drivers and crew members were sitting and it seemed like they were having a good time watching too. i didn't hear any complaining. if u loaned out your car and it got beat up you have no one to blame but yourself. nhra guys were first class to offer $ for damages.

Just a fun fact on those guys and there rides. Did you know that one cyl. in there motor has the same horse power as the whole engain in you late mod.? Thanks for offering them to use your cars, Wish I could have been there and also thanks Kevin for puting on the show.

I think it was a great idea, and only wish I had been there to watch. As far as cars getting torn up, well, any time you put someone else in your car, no matter who they are, that's the risk you're taking. I'm not saying that two cars being able to finish a race isn't pretty bad, but I don't think anyone going into it thought that was what would happen.

Hope TCS does it again next year, would love to be able to see it.

Just a fun fact on those guys and there rides. Did you know that one cyl. in there motor has the same horse power as the whole engain in you late mod.? Thanks for offering them to use your cars, Wish I could have been there and also thanks Kevin for puting on the show.

i dont know any late mods that make a 1000 hp. the top fuels are making close to 8000 hp.

I told you this would happen about 10 days ago on a different thread. Of course i was hated on.. Still got my 18 bucks though.

sorry if in my post if it sounds like i was hard on the NHRA guys that is not what i meant it just ****ed that they didn't just take a little easier on the cars but i went to my first nhra drag race today and i respect them guys awhole lot more like i said they was all nice guys ay tri-city and was just as nice asthey was then if not even nicer tonight just want to thank Allen Johnson for letting us hang out and check out the car and the computer system and watch them work after they made a pass they have 60mins to be ready for the next pass it was awsome and know it was worth them tearing up the car and ready for next year with more practice time they said they would like to practice all day the day before that would be cool thanks Kevin and Tammy and the NHRA guys for showing up

Back