No Midgets @ Farmington This Year?

ghost67

I sure hope that's not the case...
MARA puts on a great show down there.

btw - Joey Montgomery needs to do whatever it takes to get a first class midget ride, run with USAC, and who know's where that guy could end up. He runs a midget a 1/2 dozen times a year and consistently runs up front against some of the best competition there is.

The tentative dates that MARA had for Farmington arent working for the track, but from what I know we plan on being there. Hopefully twice as originally planned. There is some tweaking that will be done in the coming weeks.

I believe I'll be working for Mara Mikey, so when I am not with THEM, then I'll come visit YOU fender guys. Just remember I'm a well rounded fan, I love ALL racin!!

mikey mikey mikey...

occasionally i will 'let her' come watch the sportsmans. late models,mods, bombers and the rest ain't gonna happen.:D she is a racecar person now. i.e. no fenders.the vehicle she will take to the racetrack will have fenders.that makes it NOT a racecar.fenders =not a racecar. hehe. good luck this year.be safe and fast. if ya need a 'shoe' this year,let me know. i just might wanna run 1 time this year.hehe. as for dirthound,the only thing about 'loaded' he knows,is what happens when he drinks too much.:D see ya ,mike!

when you LET ME?? oh really?? we'll see about that. And he doesn't need shoes, he needs BVDs!! Of course I shall come and see ya, gotta see that sweet ole dad of yours. I mean he is one of my biggest fans, LOL. I guess maybe he will have to follow jack or Al since I won't be there all the time.

Now I'm being nice, dirthound, shut up

I don't attend SFCR much, and could care less about midgets, but I must make an observation about an earlier coment. Gohst was speaking of how Joey Montgomery runs exeptionally well against the midget travellers. Maybe a weekly winged sptint car racer, who is capible of winning on any given night, has to be better to be such than a midget racer must be to be good at midgets. Sprint cars are not my thing, but they are a headliner class, midgets are, and in my mind will always be a sideshow.

are clowns part of the side show oops had tosay itno trurthfully midgets are a very entertaining class ,but too me a race car is a race car no matter if it has fenders or not hey midget racer in your mind what is a modfied or drawf car

a sideshow?

Dean...i think maybe you should get out of the 'sticks' once in a while. you obviously don't know what you are talking about. At SFCR, this may be predominantly a sprint car track... but,duh...... they run there weekly.but anywhere else,midgets ARE the show.

oh wow, this could be a big can of worms. has far has midgets and sprint cars go, alot of people will tell you that a midget is harder to drive. due to the short wheelbase versues the power they have they can get really twitchy. the sprint car have more power but are more stable. this is one of those never ending conversations, i think.

art, you in a buffalo...... i gotta see this. that would be something else.

i like all sorts of motorsports. fenders and open wheels, but if i had to chose between them it would be open wheels. it's kinda like what paul tracy said last year. why would you what to watch the car that you mother goes to the grocery store in race. although i do enjoy stock car racing open wheel racing is more exciting to me.

Yea I get it midgets are the show, thats why the World 100 is a midget race right, get a grip.

It does not bother me that some people are into unusual types of racing, and think that it is better than my beloved latemodels, sportsman, and mods. It does however offend the hell out of me when some smart *** gets on here and tells me I don't know what I am talking about because I think little of the class he races. Especially since I don't even now if he is a front runner, or a number packer.

Hound, there are always clowns at any racing show, some of them are good racers on a different nite, and by side show I ment not worthy of being a main atraction, not like a side show freak.

dean, this is a post about midgets. what are you doing here anyway. i think the first stone was cast when you said you could care less about midgets. why don't you just go hang out with you beloved fendered buddies and talk about f***ing up some sheetmetal and leave us alone.

if i am guilty of being a smart ***,then so be it.i happen to be extremely knowledgeable about the subject; something i cannot say for you. you may be a good fabricator and a good late model racer(i dunno... never saw you win anything),but you stuck your nose into a subject you know next to nothing about, then got your feelings hurt when called on it.that is why you dont see my nose in posts involving late models...that is not my 'cup of tea'.i could get on here and say something ignorant like you did about no midgets at the world 100,by saying no late models at the chili bowl or the copper classic,or the hut 100;that proves absolutely nothing.... so,mr. motsinger... stick to what you know,and shut up when you don't know.that is fair.

MIDGET RACER I TAKE YOU NEVER BEEN TO THE WORLD HAVE YOUOH THAT'S RIGHT IT HAS FENDERS,HEY FEB YOU BETTER NOT WATCH ANY RACES ON TV THEY HAVE FENDERS ,IALAWYS THOUGHT YOU STARTED RACING WITHOUT FENDERS LOLTHEN MOVED YOUR WAY UP TO FULL FENDERD CLASSSES LMAO,NAMES TO CONSIDER GORDON ,NEWMANN STEWART SCHRADER LEFFLER GET IT MIDGET RACER

Hound,sometimes you can be the biggest moron ever. This is not a subject about fendered cars vs. open wheel cars,but i guess with your limited thinking ability,that's all you got from it. Go back and CAREFULLY read the posts. This is about a guy who commented about a subject that he is unfamiar with. Nothing more than that. Did you ever stop to think that a possible reason for these guys to go to Nascar-land is the $$$$,and not the fenders?? Not like that matters here now for this discussion. So go take some typing and spelling lessons,and then come talk to me. Nah,scratch that thought... you still wouldn't get the point.

An interesting point:

The World 100 or the the Show-Me, etc....definitely has more fans than say the HUT 100...Yet, in the last 15 years how many drivers have moved up from midgets and the HUT 100 to NASCAR compared with how many of have moved from the premier late model races to NASCAR? No comparison, at all.

I love both forms of racing. I attend both...they are apples and oranges. And I am glad that this year there is going to be a lot of late models on tv! ...wish there were going to be a few more midget and non wing sprint shows televised.

Originally posted by ghost67
An interesting point:
I love both forms of racing. I attend both...they are apples and oranges.
I have to agree.
What about the Chili Bowl?? The Chili Bowl is the World 100 of the midget world. 214 entries of midgets this year, including Rick Eckert and Bart Hartman.
Now let's play nice and get thru the winter so we can see some good racin!

hey midget racer do you know why there are so many yellows in openwheel racing take guess ,this was told to me by a promotor in IND I 'LL put it this way 98 per cent have this problem lmaobut truthfully the midgets and sprints are al right just take the training boards offthe the sprints

Back