No Respect

Sure hope that Robby Gordon's New Spon. is a hat company being he Doint feal the need to take his off To honer his country.

i like rci but that is bull**** childress should bring the issue up in a team meeting and fine him heavily or park his ride for a couple weeks that is stupid and very unpatriotic more so that we have men dying now for us to have the freedom to race he should at least be conciderate and realize they are there fighting for him and the country means alot to US AMERICAN people.

Yeah and maybe his momma should put him over her knee and spank his little rear for not having on clean underwear.... :rolleyes: What's next, fine him for not having his shirt tucked in before he goes to bed? Why would Childress park his own car? Childress would lose points for that car and Robby gets paid regaurdless what that car does at the track. And if he's got enough jack to start his own Cup team next year, I'm sure a little fine is not going to break him. Nascar and fans(see posts above) are really getting carried away with all of this fining drivers crap. It's going to make it where it won't be any fun to watch or participate in for anybody. And for the record, I'm not a R. Gordon fan. But you just got to know where to draw a line on all of this stuff. If you want to blame someone for the men and women over seas, blame your President!

This post was originally started to show concern over Robbie Gordon wearing a hat during the singing of our national anthem. I don't think it was intended to spark a debate over our men and women fighting over seas!! I don't care if they fine him or what they do, I saw the cameras scan to him during the national anthem and he was wearing a green hat. I know from a young age I was taught to show respect and remove my hat. I am a PROUD AMERICAN and that is what this post was about in my opinion bigrightrear, not fines or the President etc. This would have drawn the same reaction from me if I were standing next to someone in the stands and they did not take there hat off.

JMO

blah blah blah people...i'm sure robby wasnt even thinking to remove his cap. he was prolly focusing on the race and wasnt payin attention. you idiots blabbing about fining a guy for his hat. LOL! what next fine him for having a helmet that says red bull on it and not cingular????? people give it a damn break. you know..this board gets so old. it's the same thing all the time over any thread people always post their opinions and then someone else argues with them, it's just the same thing over and over it's like reading the same posts over and over again everytime there's a new subject on the messaeboards. it's getting boring, blah blah blah the same thing over and over, blah blah....it's boring. and yeah i prolly wont get on here anymore cause it's just a continuous thing. it's either someone accusing a driver of drivin dirty or someone *****ing aobut a driver that didnt take his hat off, or how a track is gonna be shut down when really they have no idea if it is or not. damn i begin to think people have no life gettin on here every hour of the day posting nothing but nonsense.

No Robbie should not be fined, but if he was my employee, I would make it known to him to show some respect. If you are a sponsor and you have just shelled out several million dollars, you are very worried that the driver could hurt your image. That is who needs to tell Gordon to take his hat off, not NASCAR. By the way, if you do not like people expressing their opinions and then reading counter opinions - go to a different web page. I find it interesting that you just did the very same thing that you just complained about.

410 man I may get on here an babble at times BUT I'm not a Idiot as you seam to think, Was stating my thoughts sorry I'f you doin't agree.I sure would like tell ya how I really feal but I'll be nice. You'rs in Racing Scott

ModRacer_1S said:
This post was originally started to show concern over Robbie Gordon wearing a hat during the singing of our national anthem. I don't think it was intended to spark a debate over our men and women fighting over seas!! I don't care if they fine him or what they do, I saw the cameras scan to him during the national anthem and he was wearing a green hat. I know from a young age I was taught to show respect and remove my hat. I am a PROUD AMERICAN and that is what this post was about in my opinion bigrightrear, not fines or the President etc. This would have drawn the same reaction from me if I were standing next to someone in the stands and they did not take there hat off.
Well I sure didn't mean to step on anyone's toes there modracer.:rolleyes: But do you think you could maybe get over your bad PROUD AMERICAN self for a moment and quit nit picking everything to death??? A HAT??? A fricking HAT???? Man, I envy you if this is your only problem in life. Yeah, lets take him out back and shoot him for not taking his hat off, that way we could be comparable to other countries that cut heads off for lesser of crimes. :rolleyes:

The way I see it

Well mister 410,
Being that this is America you have every right to participate or not on this or any other board. As to the man not taking off his hat I find that to be offensive myself as my brother and several of my friends have fought and some came home in a box. If you do not remove your hat as a sign of respect for these men and women who have done so, then you deserve the criticism wether it was intentional or not. In addition I found your post to be not only offensive but bordering on a communistic attitude. This is still America and every one of us has the right to state our opinions and express our views. After all you certainly did post yours and nobody stopped you. As far as your going to another board PLEASE do, you won't be missed.

Oh and, have a nice day

(either stand up and salute or sit down and shut up) :mad:

I remove my hat and stand. I do it for those who have died for the betterment of this country.

But, If someone doesn't, It doesn't ruin my day.

This great country of ours is the same country that give people the right to burn a flag if they choose.

But any country that would vote a tyrant like Bush to be president once, much less twice, deserves the respect that these other countries show it. Which is not much these days.

instead of worrying about Robbie Gordon's hat, I'll worry about my job, the young men going to fight Bush's personal fight, and the day when his towel head bearded buddies decide to wipe out several thousand more of us!!!!!!!

Way to go AMERICA! You get what you deserve!!!!!

JUST MY OPINION. WHICH IN AMERICA I'M ENTITLED TO. LIKE IT OR NOT!

Maybe you should take your sorry *** to Canada, France, Germany, or another country that is more "well respected" by the world community. Instead of swappin paint maybe you should be swappin citizenship since its so terrible here.

Now onto the actual subject of the thread... If a person chooses not to take their hat off during the playing of the National Anthem, that is their choice. I do NOT agree with their choice, but that is part of the beauty of living in this country. Contrary to the unsilent minority in this country we still are a free nation. We enjoy many comforts and luxuries that others only silently wish they could one day experience. I know i am going off on a tangent here, but this is a subject that means alot to me. I am a husband, father, brother, and a veteran, and the small sacrifices I made during my time of service are well worth defending Robbie Gordons wearing a hat during the National Anthem, just as much as it was defending your right to stand and show respect.

God I wish it were racing season again so we could talk about who tore who up, who gave who the slide job, or whatever. In closing I will just say this, Stop and remember every once in a while what living in a free nation is all about. To me it means regardless of what opinion I hold I have the right to express it in a civil manner, and you have the right to disagree with my opinion or expression. Who is right for their opinion or expression???... both are just depends who you talk to.

If this is all you can find to complain about, get a life. I like Robbie Gordon; I also think you should take your hat off when the national anthem is played. I don't see what the big deal is, it's a hat for God's sake, he wasn't standing there flipping off the camera talking on his cell phone while the anthem was played.:rolleyes:

Back