Not Again!

InTheMiddle

Crate Late model Races called off last week without any warning. I don't mean to blame anyone or belittle the track in anyway, BUT the same thing happened last year. The very least that should have been done was let the crates run that nite and then after the races talk to the drivers. Believe me they (the crate drivers) would have come up with a solution to the problem. They love "THE ROCK" and enjoy running there, but they always get the short end of the deal. You were 2 races down after 8 or 9 weeks of rain so they had to run other tracks. Is there Trouble at the top?? Come on guys lets get the track motivated! Calling off the crate late model races put you behind the proverbial 8 ball. We are now leery about the track, should we go or do something else on Fri. nights. It would be less costly for us to go other places, say out to eat, movie, buy a new car, etc. We like to race at Fredericktown, even with the long pull some drivers make and cost of fuel. PLEASE THINK before making that kind of decision again. There was, that I know of, 14 crates pulling to your track in support of Dr. Jessup's Breast cancer awareness show this Friday and now I see even that has been canceled. You've got a great track, PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU LEAP! Thanks for hearing me out.

P.S. I just wanted to add that Kay Thompson had ask my company to sponsor $200.00 addition to the Late model payout on July 4th and I told her we would, BUT when I check ed the schedule I saw that it said "PENDING", that kind of blow our minds and when she came in yesterday to get the money we had decided that due to the fact that the decision was "PENDING" if the late models were even going to run, we decided NOT to sponsor the money. Again I mean no disrespect to anyone but, you need a different track manager. Alan Hammond is NOT experienced enough to handle the track. With a couple of years as an assistant he would do a good job, but not now. When a schedule is set it should be set in stone( unless rain-out etc.) You will continue to lose cars, drivers & fans as long as this goes on. The drivers absolutely should NOT run your track BUT the decision to cut classes DIRECTLY affects them and they should be consulted. You all will be in my praters, because you are going to need them to even make it thru July. I speak to you from experience, please don't get angry and post a bunch of negative comments. I AM ONLY STATING THE FACTS and TELLING YOU THE TRUTH

Disagree on one Point

The only thing i have to say about your post is .... That i DO believe in Al Hammond and have praised his efforts since day one. He has maturely handled situations better than has been handled in the past. He puts his whole heart and soul into being the track manager. Jeff use to take hits from everyone about the things he had to post also but what people dont realize is he is speaking " FOR " the owners. NOT HIS CALLS THAT ARE BEING MADE . So, i would like to defend Al on this one. Thanks, LD

No need to defend Al

The only thing i have to say about your post is .... That i DO believe in Al Hammond and have praised his efforts since day one. He has maturely handled situations better than has been handled in the past. He puts his whole heart and soul into being the track manager. Jeff use to take hits from everyone about the things he had to post also but what people don't realize is he is speaking " FOR " the owners. NOT HIS CALLS THAT ARE BEING MADE . So, i would like to defend Al on this one. Thanks, LD
LD, I meant no disrespect to AL and have praised him myself for what he has done. All track managers get the butt end of everything No one knows that better than I do. All I said was he needed a little more seasoning under his belt, possible as an assistant manager, before taking on the track manager job. I we, as drivers and business owners ask is that both Curly and Al take a small step back and think things over BEFORE making changes that will permanently affect the track. Thanks for hearing our side as car owners. Thanks, Tari

I thought it was more like I shot the sheriff but I did not shoot the deputy? :)

John Barr
The Trashdog

Yes again a person who will not post their real name trys to cause trouble!!!

I manage Fredericktown Raceway for the DeBolds I was informed that the UMP ProLates would not run on the same day I posted it on here, that was not my desission as I have stated before, also as has been stated before it was a financial decission to allow for the Pro Lates to at least race on a limited schedule. Do you think the drivers would rather race at THE ROCK 5 more times or not at all? We will listen to any ideas for a solution from the drivers, but to this point we have not recived any that are possible. I belive schedules due sometimes change for reasons becides rain, in fact a few other tracks changed stuff just this week and Allen Hammond II does not have anything to do with them except race there.

I feel that the track and its fans are very motivated after seeing all the very giving fans who are kicking out money for the Purestreet Doubble Up Feature Bonus this weekend!!

I would not be leery about the track like I have posted before THE ROCK belongs to the DeBolds and is not going anywhere.

I hope that the 14 Pro Late Models that you know of will come join us for the Breast Cancer Awarenss Night featuring Dr. Mike Jessup's breast cancer awarness Pro Late Model as soon as it is rescheduled on one of the Pro Late Model nights. Mr. Jessup is looking at his schedule and is getting back to me, as soon as he sets the date I will post it.

Iam sorry if Kayee contacted you about sponsorship for a show that had not even been approved as a sure thing yet, we are waiting to hear from the drivers on which ones can attend because of the holiday and other racing commetments. We were scheduled not to race, and have a concert that night per Kayee, so now some of our guys are doing other things. As soon as we decide we will post for sure, hopefully Monday of next week. If you then feel safe enough to donate please contact me direct and I will even see that you get paperwork to document your sponsorship so you know it goes where it is suppost to.

If you are going to bad mouth me could you please spell my name correctly, it is Allen Hammond II, I do not know what you think you know about me but i will not debate manager skills with you because I do not want to make you look anymore foolish than you allready do in this post. I have never have and never will hide behind a screen name, I will not post anything on this site that I would not say to your face.

Thanks for lettting me voice my oppinions AGAIN!!! Hope to se everyone Friday at THE ROCK and many years to come, lets see who tries to take that Doubble Up money this week!

Does anyone know how to get a hold of W. K. Fite?

Allen Hammond II
Track Manager
Fredericktown Raceway
573-760-6462

P.S. I might have found W. K. Fite's number under a different name in my own phone, strange to be "in the middle" of this whole thing, but thanks for the help!

Oh Please

I manage Fredericktown Raceway for the DeBolds I was informed that the UMP ProLates would not run on the same day I posted it on here, that was not my desission as I have stated before, also as has been stated before it was a financial decission to allow for the Pro Lates to at least race on a limited schedule. Do you think the drivers would rather race at THE ROCK 5 more times or not at all? We will listen to any ideas for a solution from the drivers, but to this point we have not recived any that are possible. I belive schedules due sometimes change for reasons becides rain, in fact a few other tracks changed stuff just this week and Allen Hammond II does not have anything to do with them except race there.

I feel that the track and its fans are very motivated after seeing all the very giving fans who are kicking out money for the Purestreet Doubble Up Feature Bonus this weekend!!

I would not be leery about the track like I have posted before THE ROCK belongs to the DeBolds and is not going anywhere.

I hope that the 14 Pro Late Models that you know of will come join us for the Breast Cancer Awarenss Night featuring Dr. Mike Jessup's breast cancer awarness Pro Late Model as soon as it is rescheduled on one of the Pro Late Model nights. Mr. Jessup is looking at his schedule and his getting back to me, as soon as he sets the date I will post it.

Iam sorry if Kayee contacted you about sponsorship for a show that had not even been approved as a sure thing yet, we are waiting to hear from the drivers on which ones can attend because of the holiday and other racing commetments. We were scheduled not to race, and have a concert that night per Kayee, so know some of our guys are doing other things. As soon as we decide we will post for sure, hopefully Monday of next week. If you then feel safe enough to donate please contact me direct and I will even see that you get paperwork to document your sponsorship so you know it goes where it is suppost to.

If you are going to bad mouth me could you please spell my name correctly, it is Allen Hammond II, I do not know what you think you know about me but i will not debate manager skills with you because I do not want to make you look anymore foolish than you allready do in this post. I have never have and never will hide behind a screen name, I will not post anything on this site that I would not say to your face.

Thanks for lettting me voice my oppinions AGAIN!!! Hope to se everyone Friday at THE ROCK and many years to come, lets see who tries to take that Doubble Up money this week!

Does anyone know how to get a hold of M. K. Fite?

Allen Hammond II
Track Manager
Fredericktown Raceway
573-760-6462

P.S. I might have found M. K. Fite's number under a differnt name in my own phone, strange to be "in the middle" of this whole thing, but thanks for the help!

You need to get over yourself. There was NOTHING in my post that was not true and nothing derogatory about you. Kay's job is( or was) to get sponsors for events at the track and by the way AL, she did have a contract/receipt for both myself, my husband and her to sign clearly stating where the money was to be use. We have sponsored other things at the track with Kay and she has ALWAYS been forth right and honest and accounted for every cent. So before you go running your mouth, you need to know what you are talking about. And as far as me hiding behind a forum name, I've never done that and won't now. My name is Tari (short fot Taryne) Johnson and I live on hwy 8 just out of Park Hills and not only work in St. Louis but own 2 businesses in Park Hills and Potosi. There is a number of people that know me at the Rock, I don't hide from anyone.

and to quote YOU! THANKS FOR LETTING ME VOICE MY OPINION! AGAIN!
Have a great weekend.
Tari J.
P.S. You didn't exactly make yourself look like a saint with your post. It seems most everyone EXCEPT you knows how hard Kay has worked for that track. You should be ashamed of yourself!!:(

Fishing AGAIN Al?

I hope that the 14 Pro Late Models that you know of will come join us for the Breast Cancer Awarenss Night featuring Dr. Mike Jessup's breast cancer awarness Pro Late Model as soon as it is rescheduled on one of the Pro Late Model nights. Mr. Jessup is looking at his schedule and is getting back to me, as soon as he sets the date I will post it.

Iam sorry if Kayee contacted you about sponsorship for a show that had not even been approved as a sure thing yet, we are waiting to hear from the drivers on which ones can attend because of the holiday and other racing commetments. We were scheduled not to race, and have a concert that night per Kayee, so now some of our guys are doing other things. As soon as we decide we will post for sure, hopefully Monday of next week. If you then feel safe enough to donate please contact me direct and I will even see that you get paperwork to document your sponsorship so you know it goes where it is suppost to.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of W. K. Fite?

Allen Hammond II
Track Manager
Fredericktown Raceway
573-760-6462

P.S. I might have found W. K. Fite's number under a different name in my own phone, strange to be "in the middle" of this whole thing, but thanks for the help!

I see your post has changed. Well good. Kay's name is WILMA K. THOMPSON and has been for 45+ years and your little innuendos is only going to cause YOU problems. What are you trying to prove anyway. The one FITE that is trying to get hold of you is her son JERRY, why haven't you called him back? or better agree to meet him somewhere. You know me or have talked to me at the track and I55. I hope you are proud of yourself and very pleased, Kay is leaving the track because of YOU and a couple of others. HAPPY NOW.!!???:confused: That is so ridiculous that you are so jealous of a 60 year old woman that you would do everything in your power to get rid of her. Kay has had nothing but praise for you and would have done anything to help you in anyway. Maybe as you get older (hopefully) you will learn not to be such a kid in your actions. YOU are suppose to be the TRACK MANAGER and you go after someone that has been there thru thick and thin this past year and worked her rear of. Where were you????, I don't see other track managers post childish stuff like you have posted.So go ahead, if you feel the need and post some other very hurtful thing, but take some advise, PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE! God Bless, Tari Johnson

Oh, by the way Jerry Fite's number is 631-7705 and he'd be VERY happy to talk to you, or meet you somewhere,,,,,,,so give him a call:eek:

I see your post has changed. Well good. Kay's name is WILMA K. THOMPSON and has been for 45+ years and your little innuendos is only going to cause YOU problems. What are you trying to prove anyway. The one FITE that is trying to get hold of you is her son JERRY, why haven't you called him back? or better agree to meet him somewhere. You know me or have talked to me at the track and I55. I hope you are proud of yourself and very pleased, Kay is leaving the track because of YOU and a couple of others. HAPPY NOW.!!???:confused: That is so ridiculous that you are so jealous of a 60 year old woman that you would do everything in your power to get rid of her. Kay has had nothing but praise for you and would have done anything to help you in anyway. Maybe as you get older (hopefully) you will learn not to be such a kid in your actions. YOU are suppose to be the TRACK MANAGER and you go after someone that has been there thru thick and thin this past year and worked her rear of. Where were you????, I don't see other track managers post childish stuff like you have posted.So go ahead, if you feel the need and post some other very hurtful thing, but take some advise, PICK ON SOMEONE ELSE! God Bless, Tari Johnson

Oh, by the way Jerry Fite's number is 631-7705 and he'd be VERY happy to talk to you, or meet you somewhere,,,,,,,so give him a call:eek:

I do not know why I am being blamed for Kayee leaving the track, if she is, this apparently was her dissision not mine. I did not go after anyone I was trying to respond to some issues you brought up. I asked who W. K. Fite was because that is who your username on this board is registerd to not Tari Johnson. I was wanting to know who started this threads since you did not post your name on the first post I wanted to see why you were hiding. The only calls I have recived have been from the track tech man, a couple of people wanting to know about the weather, and a man who is putting up some additional money tonight. Hope to see everyone tonight hope the weather holds. AL

May I make a suggestion. Why don't everyone take a deep breath and relax, there are lot bigger problems in this world then what is going on at the Fredericktown Raceway. Look I have been there every night since they have opened this year and noone has raised any hell in the stands they wait andnthen bash one another. C'mon and grow up, I have a suggestion. I THINK THAT THE ANNOUNCER NEEDS TO PLAY THE SONG...."WHY CAN"T WE BE FRIENDS" all damn night.
People are continuing to come out and support the track and meanwhile it may take some time to get the cars there but be patient obviuosly if you watch the races the track management is doing the best with what they got to out on a good show. So my suggestion would be to relax, hell everyone goes for a oggd time and to enjoy themselves, not to step on someone who is already down, for gods sake look around if noone wa there then people should raise hell..... but thats not the fact.....SO........WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS< WHY CAN"T WE BE FRIENDS.

lets don't do this anymore!

I do not know why I am being blamed for Kayee leaving the track, if she is, this apparently was her dissision not mine. I did not go after anyone I was trying to respond to some issues you brought up. I asked who W. K. Fite was because that is who your username on this board is registerd to not Tari Johnson. I was wanting to know who started this threads since you did not post your name on the first post I wanted to see why you were hiding. The only calls I have recived have been from the track tech man, a couple of people wanting to know about the weather, and a man who is putting up some additional money tonight. Hope to see everyone tonight hope the weather holds. AL

AL,
W.K. Fite is my FATHER, William Kenneth Fite and we are no relation to Jerry and Kay. We meet at the race track when He was Mike's crew chief a few years back and have tried to trace our roots to see if there was a connection from past fore-fathers, but so far haven't had any luck.... .. SOOOOO let's just call this quits and you won't hear from me and I won't hear from you. I still wish you the best of luck . I care about my friend and hate to see her hurting so bad.
Blessings
Tari

Please lets don't do this anymore!

AL,
W.K. Fite is my FATHER, William Kenneth Fite and we are no relation to Jerry and Kay. We meet at the race track when He was Mike's crew chief a few years back and have tried to trace our roots to see if there was a connection from past fore-fathers, but so far haven't had any luck.... .. SOOOOO let's just call this quits and you won't hear from me and I won't hear from you. I still wish you the best of luck . I care about my friend and hate to see her hurting so bad.
Blessings
Tari

Didn't I see this same post under a different username???? I sure did!!!!

Yes you did, I was at Kay's house and she was online and I didn't want her to have anymore problem so I logged in on my account.and reposted. Is that a problem? Chrystal you know who I am and have seen me a number of times at SFCR. A few weeks ago I was talking to kay at the pitside fence when you and I guess your husband went to set on the bleachers. I stood there with her for a good 45 minutes. And I'll probably be there tomorrow nite. As I said before I have long red hair, brown eyes am 5'8" anf usually wear a cap. So if you want to talk to me please feel free to do so. Have a great weekend.
Tari

Back