not good for the rock.

nightrider

Received this just now...

We (Curley and Anne DeBold) regret to inform you that due to low car count, we will have to close the racetrack for the season. We appreciate all the hard work from all who have helped to get the track open, for all the fans that pack the stands each Friday night, for all the drivers that come to the track each Friday and put on a great show. We know that opening late was a big factor in our car count, but it's just not enough to cover the payout each week. We will continue to make improvements to the track, so we can have a great 2008 season. A big thank you to all or our sponsors, track officials, tower workers, concession workers and patrons for all you support for the 2007 season.

just a matter of time

now that it has happened i would really like to see the dwarfs and/or b- mods at drr.i hope to see the ministocks back up and healthy once again-bobby has stuck his neck out to keep his track running with a low car count-now i hope to see the pits/stands full again-shannon

Not gonna happen shannon, just had some things worked out the ROCK will stay open. Stay tuned for further notice.

One problem...

now that it has happened i would really like to see the dwarfs and/or b- mods at drr.i hope to see the ministocks back up and healthy once again-bobby has stuck his neck out to keep his track running with a low car count-now i hope to see the pits/stands full again-shannon
There just aren't alot of ministocks left. Aren't you still trying to sale your car? Wolf just sold his. I honestly don't see the b-mod guys racing at DRR either....the track is just too small for them.

Football season is right around the corner and I can't wait to go watch my nephew play football on Friday nights!

ministocks

i can think of about 15 ministocks-as for sell my mini,not now-hard to run my b mod at a track that doesn't know if it is open or closed

Well...

I understand not wanting to sell your ministock not knowing if the track is going to be open or not. Only time will tell.

I have said all along that it hurt both tracks by competing for the ministocks on Friday night. There just weren't enough to support two tracks on the same night so close together. I can't quite think of 15, but pretty close. The problem is that there are guys who don't race on a weekly basis and that hurts the car count as a whole on any given night. The dwarfs could put on a good show at DRR but didn't they turn their backs on Bobby last year? Does he want them back? If The Rock does in fact close, I'm sure I'll be at DRR a few times until football season starts.

there is atleast 15 minis left. there are some of us that are sellin them but there are a few of them that we havent even seen this year because they still dont have them completed due to facts un known. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO THE PEOPLE TALKING SMACK LAST WEEK TO MIND THIER OWN BUISNESS. JUST BECAUSE IM SELLING MY TRUCK DOESNT MEAN IM GONNA LET IT SIT IN THE GARAGE. IM GONNA RUN IT TILL ITS SOLD AND REPLACE WHATEVER I BREAK IN THE MEANTIME.

there is atleast 15 minis left. there are some of us that are sellin them but there are a few of them that we havent even seen this year because they still dont have them completed due to facts un known. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY TO THE PEOPLE TALKING SMACK LAST WEEK TO MIND THIER OWN BUISNESS. JUST BECAUSE IM SELLING MY TRUCK DOESNT MEAN IM GONNA LET IT SIT IN THE GARAGE. IM GONNA RUN IT TILL ITS SOLD AND REPLACE WHATEVER I BREAK IN THE MEANTIME

Poor guy...I think u better get busy then...LOL Hope ur ready Fri. if u need a hand give us a call, I'm sure Mike won't mind lendin a hand..LOL:D

ooops forgot to log in...Stacy

I understand not wanting to sell your ministock not knowing if the track is going to be open or not. Only time will tell.

I have said all along that it hurt both tracks by competing for the ministocks on Friday night. There just weren't enough to support two tracks on the same night so close together. I can't quite think of 15, but pretty close. The problem is that there are guys who don't race on a weekly basis and that hurts the car count as a whole on any given night. The dwarfs could put on a good show at DRR but didn't they turn their backs on Bobby last year? Does he want them back? If The Rock does in fact close, I'm sure I'll be at DRR a few times until football season starts.

Bobby dropped the Dwarf/Mod-lites because of the rock picking them up... He knew there weren't enough to go around and figured that if the group went there that he would lose more of the guys from DRR. I think he kept the mini's because they originated at DRR, and he doesn't want that class to have to leave the track that created them in this area.

Maybe the rock should have cherry-picked the Saturday night classes and stuck with 3-4 classes instead of trying to race every class of cars on Fri night and competing with a track 20 miles away for car count. SFCR has had quality entertainment on Sat. nights with 3-4 classes for several years.

I had a feeling there was trouble on the horizon when the rock threatened to dump the mini's after a few low count weeks...

I honestly don't see the b-mod guys racing at DRR either....the track is just too small for them.

:rolleyes:Lame excuse...There are sprintcars racing here every friday night and we run vintage cars on the track once a month...

If they can't get their car around DRR, they probably just can't drive.;)

Oh and by the way, It will be nice to see you, Mark and Bill? back out at DRR....:D

What I meant was....

:rolleyes:Lame excuse...There are sprintcars racing here every friday night and we run vintage cars on the track once a month...

If they can't get their car around DRR, they probably just can't drive.;)

Oh and by the way, It will be nice to see you, Mark and Bill? back out at DRR....:D
\
Maybe I should have said it this way.......
I don't see the b-mods putting on a GOOD show worth watching. I'm sure most of those guys could get around there fine, but the track is small. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, just what I believe.

Mini Stocks

Everyone knows why the two tracks were fighting over the mini stocks, BUT there just isn't enough around to support both tracks. However, the guys are pretty much split 50/50 at which track they WANT to run. Half chose DRR as their home track and half chose The Rock. I have alot of friends that run this class, and one runs DRR and the others run at The Rock, so for their sake, I don't want The Rock to drop them b/c it is the track of their choice. Unfortunately, The Rock just cannot support 6 classes....NO track can!

We're parallel here Crystal....I feel the same way about the minis. Dwarf cars too, as a matter of fact.

I am sure there are several tracks out there that CAN support 6 classes. But the are very well established tracks. We become the 6th class at DRR once a month and we were at Belleville when we visited there. There are vast differences between the two. Down in our neck of the woods it is hard to do. We don't get the draw from the metro area like our friends up north do...5 classes is an accomplishment down here!

I expect DRR will get most if not all of the ministocks back.

Someone tossed a ROCK into the racing pool and it sank!

I expect DRR will get most if not all of the ministocks back.

Someone tossed a ROCK into the racing pool and it sank!
Sounds like it, but no info is available:eek: Looks like the big winner in this deal is DoeRun raceway...... he seems to have a better handle on how to run a track anyhow.

i know personally he said " come hell or high water he will not get rid of the ministocks even if he has to build 10 of them to run every weekend"

seems to me some people in the mini stocks made a statement
this weekend on where they want to run. after all we have
been through this week we had 9 cars at fredericktown.
and doe run had how many??

Back