Not that you really care... the Chase.

TheBigWheel

I’m sure some of you are of the opinion that NASCAR has really messed up the history of the points championship with the Chase. I know, I know, get over it, it’s the way it is. But for old guys like me, the what if... after reading a article in Autoweek, to part quote:

“...that only three of the last eight chase champions—Busch, Stewart and Johnson—would have been the champion under the old “full-season” point system. It would have been Gordon instead of Kurt Busch in 2004 and Gordon instead of Johnson in 2007; Edwards instead of Johnson in 2008 and instead of Stewart in 2011; and Harvick instead of Johnson in 2009....”

So here is my chart of champions that match with 54 previous seasons.

—pre chase—with chase— using old points system
Gordon— 4—0— 6
Stewart—1—2—3
Johnson—0—5—2
Edwards—0—0—2
Harvick—0—0—1
Busch—0—1—0

Late at night, Jeff Gordon, laying next to his beautiful wife, thinking... “I could make history without that dam chase... I could be going for number 7...” Then again, he probably just rolls over and say’s, “honey, are you asleep....?”

I’m sure some of you are of the opinion that NASCAR has really messed up the history of the points championship with the Chase. I know, I know, get over it, it’s the way it is. But for old guys like me, the what if... after reading a article in Autoweek, to part quote:

“...that only three of the last eight chase champions—Busch, Stewart and Johnson—would have been the champion under the old “full-season” point system. It would have been Gordon instead of Kurt Busch in 2004 and Gordon instead of Johnson in 2007; Edwards instead of Johnson in 2008 and instead of Stewart in 2011; and Harvick instead of Johnson in 2009....”

So here is my chart of champions that match with 54 previous seasons.

—pre chase—with chase— using old points system
Gordon— 4—0— 6
Stewart—1—2—3
Johnson—0—5—2
Edwards—0—0—2
Harvick—0—0—1
Busch—0—1—0

Late at night, Jeff Gordon, laying next to his beautiful wife, thinking... “I could make history without that dam chase... I could be going for number 7...” Then again, he probably just rolls over and say’s, “honey, are you asleep....?”

Been saying the same thing . man wish jeff was going for 7 this year ... o well gooo 24 !

Back