Official cummins racing statement

Jimmy Cummins

CEO, Cummins Lumber Co.
I sold my old sportsman car to a guy named Joel Loepker. my family and I hate to see it go, but it was time to move on. We bought the car in the fall of 2000 and have a TON on memories with it. I won 38 features and 3 track championships with that car, and Joe Volluz, the guy that built the car, won 2 features with it in 2001 when i sat out from back surgery. I really didnt make this post to announce anything, or to brag, but to make an interesting statement: john groves (original owner), Joe Volluz, Jimmy Cummins, Michael Meyer, Brent Mullins, Scott Ponder, Dennis Ponder, Steve Maisel, Marty Smith Jr, Jeremy Hines, David Barker and Kevin Gundaker all raced or hotlaped that car. how about that list?

Dear Brother,
You forgot to add your wonderful sister's name to the list of green machine drivers! Don't you remember the laps I drove at Granite City!?!?! You made fun of me for weeks afterward. Apparently, I didn't use enough gas pedal.
Cathy B.

James, you forgot your sister, Cathy (Cummins) Bess raced it in a powder-puff race at Tri-City one year and did quite well with it. She's got guts!

I'm not totally done crying about the car being gone yet. I get real attached to our race cars. I loved that car! It was a part of our family for 10 years! My car sat outside in the cold, wet, and snow so it could have the dry, warm spot in the garage. It kept Jimmy safe in 2 roll-overs, one of which was the "flight to the moon " at Pevely. I'm really gonna miss that car. It's a good car!!!!

so, what are ya gonna do? just run the gumm car? move to another division? buy a midget and do some real racin? jimmy; your fans want to know!! haha! good luck whatever it is you decide.

well i plan to race the gumm car, but not weekly because it costs too much to race up front for only $300 to win at these local tracks with the rules and the way they enforce them. and since nobody wanted to buy that street stock i had for sale for almost a year, i tore it down to almost nothing and rebuilt it and plan to race it from time to time at b-town ill, the big ten street stock series, paducah and make debuts at jacksonville and kankakee at least. i have plans of getting another modified by 2012, but the sooner the better. i also have plans to go fishing more this year. and i would also like to race my street stock some night at lucas oil speedway and maybe lake ozark speedway, i think it will be legal there

Dear Brother,
You forgot to add your wonderful sister's name to the list of green machine drivers! Don't you remember the laps I drove at Granite City!?!?! You made fun of me for weeks afterward. Apparently, I didn't use enough gas pedal.Cathy B.
must run in the familylmao

I really could care less what the man spent,i was just saying.. Dont you need to go figure some points or something?

Obviously you do care what he spent or else you wouldn't have posted anything about it. Why must you insist on always being an annoying little troll? You seriously have the board pessence of a 15 year old. Perhaps that's why you hide behind a screen name. If you had a pair, you'd post your real name. Mine appears in every single post that I make.

The season is over and the points are done, I have however neglected to post the final big event points. That's coming soon. Don't lie dirtboy, you found the points to be interesting.

Is that really the best you got? they blew? I guess that was supposed to offend me.

If you send me anymore trollish private messages, I'll foward them to Jimmy D. This started on the main boad, keep it there. You're just a low life coward troll hiding behind a username.

Well, my son has done it again....livened up this board with his post. Good job there, son!

Speaking of $$$$, when I commented to Jimmy about the amount of money he won with the "old" #19, Jimmy said he spent way over the amount he won racing the car. You always do! The money won goes back into the "fund" with more added in order to race. Most people don't realize what it takes to run a car and keep your program running. Then add in the money I spent making those cookies that I give away to everyone. Racing is indeed an expensive "family" hobby!!!!

Let's figure this out....38 feature wins = 38 cookie batches (because I bake a batch of cookies for every win Jimmy has) x approximately $10.00 worth of ingredients for each batch = $380.00 out of my pocket for cookies that I gave away at the track. Hmmmm! I must love racing! Then let's add in the new KitchenAid stand mixer my family had to give me for Christmas one year to make the cooking baking experience go faster...that was about $200.00 for that new "tool" and the stove with "two" ovens...it goes on and on....

i dont think it would be much more expensive for me to race a mod, it might even be cheaper than my sportsman because i probably wouldnt buy as many new tires for a mod than i do now. the only added expense would be building an aluminum headed motor, i already have a brinn, a spare mod engine (steel headed 414), and i could sell all my 9" gears (i have 12 sets of gears) for more than enough to buy a quick change.

My problem with the crate is there isnt any difference to me in building a crate car versus a super late model other than having a 5,000 engine instead of a 15,000 engine, and you run for less money. If i had a mod i could have a spare EVERYTHING except for rear end for a few hundred bucks, how much would a whole spare front end cost me for a masterbuilt or rocket? and how much would i have to spend to have 8 spare wheels and tires for a late model, when i already have about 10 spare wheels and tires to go right on a mod?

Back