officials bad call highland ken schrader

sed8992

ken was in 2nd place racing for the lead at highland he was trying to get the lead for a few laps he went into turn 1 and 2 close to the leader but never touched him he just got loose and spun they thought ken hit him so they put him to the back of the feild i was wondering if people there saw whati saw and if they agree with this call

My opinion:
Schrader hit Hammer the lap before on the front straight cause he was blockin like a dumptruck....so this was the warning.
The next lap Schrader had that high-side run and HAmmer again blocked him...so the ol' #99 dumped him.

You make the call???

Schrader definitely made contact with Hammer.. Fairly good contact...

Someone had to go to the back for the caution. That was the right call although Hammer was using the entire track... Hammer would come out of turn 4 low and drift up to the wall in front of Schrader so Schrader couldn't keep his momentum up.

I agree that Schrader spun Hammer. I also think that the officials need to consider the line the racers are running. Hammer was all over the track at the time of the incident. Schrader did spin him and was not able to pass any cars after the restart.

Don't a half million people across the country wish they had a NASCAR guy running their local track as much as Schrader does around here. What a great spokesman for the sport of auto racing in all classes. That is what makes racing great....

Schrader!

I think Kenny is the graetest, but the call was correct. Kenny definatly spun Don Hammer. (I sit in turn 1) What surprises me is that he left, No consi, If I was the promoter I would have given him a provitional, just because he's Ken Schader. It would have been cool to see Kenny work his way to the front!

Good evening! RS...

In most LM races I think they TAP the rear of the car to let you know the faster car is coming BUT Kenny did that more than once....BUT never showed the first place car HIS nose piece...that is they key to passing at Highland..as long as I have been coming to watch...I guess he forgot where he was. Shame he didn't come out for the consi ....he probably could have made the field...I have seen him come from the back and win many times.

And yes I agree with the call.
Debbie

I agree with you Dirt Farmer. I think Kenny is the greatest. I was really dissapointed in him leaving. I would have also given him a provisional.

I wish he would race like that in Cup.

Hammer was blocking, blocking is not racing. Schrader tapped him, he spun. If the officials would quit trying to micromanage the drivers (like racing should be) nobody would be mad at the officials and quitting. I know they think they are doing right but all they are doing is runnning off cars. QUIT THE JUDGEMENT CALLS IT IS NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!! According to their rules the call was probably right although the rule is stupid. I know, we have been trying it in 1/4 midgets for 8 years and it does not work. Do you know how easy it is to check up and draw a call getting a fast car off your bumper? The kids in 1/4's do it all the time, and I would say the big car drivers are figuring it out also. Bopper

well what i saw was that don was leading the race and got flat tooken out and schrader thought he could do that because he is in nascar and could get away with it but he couldnt. then schrader acted like a baby and left after the heat. i like kenny but why would you leave? he should of put it behind him and kept trying. he shouldnt give up :mad: hammer was runnin the bottom in the corners and drifted high coming off the corners, who cares because as i remember there was alot of cars doing it, its called letting of the gas. i thought hammer was pretty smooth for once, and schrader got hammer right before they got into turn 1, so you tell me how hammer got loose and spun by himself?

Well, we are talking about Kenny Schrader and he's a pretty dirty driver. He takes people out all the time. Cup, Trucks, LM's, doesn't matter he knocks'em out of the way...Oh wait, no he doesn't.

i dont think he takes people out on purpose i dont think he is a dirty driver eather that would have to be tony but, you have also got to remember he has helped our sport grow a lot

yeah but there are photos that show schrader did take him out and HAMMER ran his line the hole race. and the really funny part is that hammer and schrader were good friends i talk to hammers wife.

Back