OKS @ Belle Rive, IL April 24(sat)

Only_one

OKS will be at Belle Rive for a rare sat event to kick off the season. We look to have 25+ Outlaws as well as 10+ modifieds(limiteds and World Formuls Animals@360) and 5+ Champs (star or World Fomula Animal)
There will also be the normal stock classes at Belle Rive and we expect a fun and fast day on the newly redesigned track. I must say the track may be very close to a 1/8 mile now and looks very racy. Looks like there may very well be two grooves all the way around the track for all classes, at the very least.
Check out the website for any rules or email me anytime.
http://oks.outlawkartracing.com
aytg@globaleyes.net

Track

The track is about 10 miles east of Mt. Vernon just south of I-64.

Which class are you wanting to run?

Briggs Monster??

Only 1, What happened to that Briggs Bad Boy @ Flickerwood??I hate to say it,but,you were pushing it more than driving it.
Best of luck
Sumo Awayyyyyyyyyyyy:cool:

Problems

My ony excuse was that we were unprepared for how much motor we had there. We had run a 125 Sudan on alky last season and we were really blindsided by the HP we had with the OHV motor. In the heat , actually before the heat , he broke some blolts off on the sproket and I replaced them all. Part of this was due to old bolts but it suprised me non the less. In the main he had just pst Gardner for 6th when the motor died. We found out it was the new kill switch we were trying out. All in all we found out what we wanted to find out but it would have been much better to have some more track time with it. We hope to have all the bugs worked out before the next race. Infact we are thinking of running one weekend over in Indiana to make sure. We hope to see you guys at Belle Rive on April 24.

Kill Switch

Hey Hutch, My exp. with kill switches are they only work when they're not asked to. Take it off and eliminate 1 possible problem every race. Was planning on running Sat. at Bedrock (shake down) but too much rain.
Good Luck
Sumo Awayyyyyyyyy in a Row Boat !
:mad:

Kill Switch

I know we are already addressing the kill switch. We told him we wanted to try it before the OKS races started and we found out what we needed about them. We hope to see you over there at Belle Rive on April 24, I will be posting more info about the OKS event that I think you may find very interesting.

Payouts

OK, this is what it looks like right now.....

Outlaw= $200 to win ($30 entry)
Modified=$100 to win ($25 entry)
Stock Yamaha= $100 to win ($25 entry)
Star/ World Formula Champ=$100 to win ($25 entry)

These entries are about $5 higher than normal, but I am wanting to spread the money farther through the field than normal. These are for no min. kart count and I will adjust the payout through the field according to the number of karts.

Class ?

Hey O-1, The way I read that,is Stars are running with World Formula. What about as Outlaws ? Or is this up to us how we want to enter ?

Sumo Awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy:D

Does the outlaw class have cages and if so what are the rules? If not, can an open briggs and a twelve year old run with the champs?

Rules

The Star/ World Formula Champ class is seperate class which is caged and they are stock Star and stock world formula.

Our Outlaws are not caged and drivers must be 16.

We have had some calls about a caged Outlaw class (which may happen, but the drivers will have to be 16,

The Modified/ World Formula class, Star/ World Formula Champ, and stock Yamaha the drivers must be 15 years old.

Any drivers that we may question about their age must bring a certified copy of their birth Certificate. This is to ensure everyone stays within the rules and keeps us in the good graces of the insurance company as well.

noon

Those of you running at Belle Rive may want to get there about noon on April 24 due to the fact that the kart count will be very large and the guys/girls running in one of the OKS classes will have to go through tech before they can practice.

Was planning on racing on the 24 and was wanting to know what time racing will start. Last week they told me 8:00 but if it has changed get back to me.

start time

As I stated above, they usually start at 8pm when running on the normal Friday evenings, but April 24 is a Sat. event and I was told 1pm. I understood that to be the time of hotlaps. I will get ahold of Belle Rive later in the week and let everyone know what time they start for sure. I am dealing with a family death and I really am unable to take care of this before then. We hope to see you at belle rive for the first night of racing on the redesigned D-shape track. It appears to be a small 1/8 mile now instead of the old 1/10 it was before.

Hutchinson you have a hot date or something that night. The announcement has just come in that on April 24 racing will start at 8:00 PM gates open at 4:00 but if you want to get there earlier you can do so. if anyone has any questions they can give Phil Hopkins a call at 618-756-2778 Thanks

No!

No, hot date that night. I will talk to phil in the morning and get the times again to make sure. I thought we had agreed to an earlier start time but I may be mistaken. I do know that there will be a good kart count there in many of the classes though, at least that is what it looks like as of right now.

start time

8pm is what they said. You were correct. They forgot to tell me about it since they were originally to start at 2pm, but decided 8pm would be better for the track workers and any racers working that sat.

restrooms

The new restrooms will be in place before the April 24 OKS event as well. I think this will be a great relief to both the females and males alike. It is part of the facelift and track improvements going on for the 2004 season.

I thought many would like an update about what is happening at Belle Rive besides the new D-shaped track and the new clay.

$300 to win

Outlaw will be $300 to win for the April 24 event. This is with no min. kart count .

Also the Champ Class, The Stock Yamaha Class, and the Modified Class will still be $100 to win.

I am needing directions to Belle rive. will be coming from the Junkyard to Belle Rive if we can make it in time. Also what restrictors do they use for rookie/junior 1 . website?

Back