OKS STOCK 13 hp CLONE OVER 30 YEARS OLD CLASS

HUTCH95

We are getting the rules together for this class but here are some early basics..

over 30 years old

400 pound min weight

points class

slicks only

tech issues will be worked out.

We may also have a younger class as well if interest is there.

finally, a real class for us real old guys! (as compared to the 16-29 year old whippersnappers ..lol) This is a current class at Bellerive and draws around 4-5 karts and yes, it is all about the fun!
-Ron.

This is just an idea,for what it's worth.Make it a claimer class.Maybe $500 to claim someones engine.That might help keep everybody honest.

HOW ABOUT THIS: 2 WINS IN A ROW (DOESN'T HAVE TO BE CONSECUTIVE) FOR DRIVER WILL HAVE ENGINE SUBJECT TO EXCHANGE FROM LAST PLACE FINSHER, IF LAST PLACE DENIES CLAIM, THEN OFFER MOVES UP TO NEXT HIGHER FINISHER, ETC.. UNTILL OFFER IS EXCEPTED OR EXHAUSTED. i WOULD ALSO DO A RANDOM EXCHANGE OCCASIONALLY USING PILL DRAW. THIS WAY THERE WOULD NO REAL REASON TO CHEAT-UP YOUR ENGINE. ITEMS ALLOWED TO BE CHANGED WOULD BE MAIN JET, HEADER, AND AIR FILTER.
-THIS IS MY 2 CENTS WORTH!

DA..... I think if you were to do that it could cause some issues. What if the guy that runs last that will swap motors doesn't take care of his engine?? Doesn't change the oil often enough, doesn't ever maintance the kart (engine included) on a weekly basis ect. You are then putting the guy who spent the same money for the engine running up front a worse maintained engine.

I say if you get a set of tolerances and stick with them, with no aftermarket parts allowed it will work. Get rid of the claim and just tech the dang things. Lack of tech in the 6.5's is what caused all the problems.

As far as the 6.5's they are the new flatheads and I say the rules should be the same as HMR's EXCEPT, you have the option to run a billet flywheel for safety if you so choose. Of course the tire rules would be subject to the track or series. JMO

DA..... I think if you were to do that it could cause some issues. What if the guy that runs last that will swap motors doesn't take care of his engine?? Doesn't change the oil often enough, doesn't ever maintance the kart (engine included) on a weekly basis ect. You are then putting the guy who spent the same money for the engine running up front a worse maintained engine.

JMO

the resolutive comment will be "what goes around comes around"! These engines are pretty tough, as i havn't changed my oil in 2 races..shame on me! Again, the exchange is best solution for the ongoing "cheating issues".

let me see if this right any kart, any tire and a 13hp clone motor? count us in. its real simple tech the top two every night and seal there motors, or bring the motors to the first meeting tech them, seal them, number them. then in tech the first race check the seals of the top three. and check the top three every week after that. if you'r motor blows up get it sealed at the next race before the night starts.

I think the seal on each motor is a great idea and I think also that we should go with a claim and exchange program. I will work out details for this to make it work.
I want to be up front about one other thing...

this will be slicks only ...

and it is looking very much like it may be a Burris tire rule due to sponsorship.

Again the Burris thing is not done, but I am being heads up here with you guys on this from the start.

If it is burris ill dust off my kart for this class. How much heavier is a 13 over a 6.5?
I think if you are over 40 should get a 20lb weight break lol what do you think about that Larry.

OK..... instead of sealing all the motors or claiming here is what I think may be even a better idea i heard today.....

Every raceday when we get there and sign in 4 motors get traded by pill draw every night. So if 5 shows up.. 4 are getting traded... if 20 shows..... 4 are getting traded...

You take off your clutch basically and throttle assembly .

We need to get a sponsor for this class and get all our ducks in a row

on this class as soon as possible. i have already had alot of calls and text

about this class.

I would be running the 6.5 class but I just don't see why anyone would want to swap equipment, Hell why don't you all just bring karts and switch complete karts....

Tech the motors and drop a claim on it and let the karts come IMO (KISS ...... keep it simple stupid LOL) Outlaw and Limited Outlaw rules look good because they were kept simple....do the same here.....JMO

weight break

john how about a pound for every year(lol). i agree with k dawg i don't want some ones motor that hasn't changed the oil in 3 weeks or cleaned the air filter in a month. seal them and be done with it.

I really like the swap idea of 4 motors. In this 13 hp class.

How many racers are going to go out and build a monster if they may have to race against the monster?
On another hand, you want your motor to be same as everyone else because you may not swap for a while and be stuck with your current motor.
Just think about how this could work before you go against it. It could be a good tool to cut costs.

To make this work we could have the 4 start the motors after the trade and make sure everything is fine. Something along those lines.

I think the swap'n motors will be a pain in the butt.But,the tech'n and sealin' along with the option of claiming,should be plenty to control most issues.JMO.Why are you so set on slicks only?Burris only I can understand.Just asking.

Is Kurt 30 yet? Anyway, the swap is the simplist way to police the cheating. c'mon you lazy a-holes it's 4 nuts, 1 clutch bolt, 1 throttle linkage and a couple leads and fuel line. There should be a standard pipe, pump location, and a simple throttle hook-up. 10 minutes tops to swap. IT IS THE ANSWER!

kurt 30,oh yes will be next year. seal em and race them , dont want some ones motor that would not pull the maintenance like i pull. lets make it no weight added, and no tire prep just set up and driver. :cool:

Back