80.2 KB · Views: 467
  • Rick Bayer 1.jpg
    Rick Bayer 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 428
  • Wolfmeier.jpg
    Wolfmeier.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 471
White City

Yes it was open comp with the wings and side boards. Rick Bayer and Bert Cheatam was a normal night of racing.

On the second set of pics, sixth pic with Wolfmeier, the white car looks like the back of Bo Smiths "Super Fly" chassis

White City

Modracer you are correct and Fireball I have that also. I will be posting more on here later this weekend. We have been experimenting with the scanner and found an easy way to do all of this.

:)Thanks for the great pics, I vividly remember Dixon smoking the UMP boys in the Allied Modified....I will be checking back later to see more....
Thanks again!!!

need more pics posted

we have came along way since then.If anybody has somemore post them.Its nice to see the old cars.does anybody got some of godfrey?KEEP THEM COMING GUYS.:D:p

Seeing the name on Dixons old car make me wonder what ever happened to Don Kirn, they used to build some really good motors

was that track a half mile. i remember talking to Tom(happy pappy) hayes one time and i believe he mentioned that he went end over end down the back straightaway one time but he liked the track as well. I never got the chance to go to that track but i had always heard some good stories come out of that place it must have been somethin to run there. p.s. I sure do miss those big modifieds with the vega and coupe bodies they were always fun to watch. big paul

I remember the time they waterd the front straight but not the back made for a very interesting night and a great track to hit after a night at lil springfield

One of many White City memories

I too went off the back straight. It was in my flat track motorcycle racing days. The bike literally flew off track and landed just in time to hit a downed tree which pitched me over the handle bars! Fortunately, I wasn't hurt (I was much younger then) and as I recall the hardest thing the about whole thing was climbing back up the hill with that d#*ned steel shoe strapped to my foot. I never raced a car there but I sure saw alot of races there. Oh, btw, Lenny, I was there when you turned 'er over. 7.5 technical points, but 9.5 style points, because Fireball you have alot of style. Kinda like what I had when I was flyin' through the air in the woods!

Brian #44

Back