On-line auction to raise funds for season-opener (Vehicle ET Nationals - April 14th, 2007)

Millsey

The 2007 racing season at Big River Sand Drags will be kicked off in a big way on Saturday, April 14th, with the first-ever Vehicle ET Nationals.. I've been working on this show for a few weeks now and Radio stations KFMO (1240 am) and KDBB (104.3 fm) will be on hand broadcasting live.
To raise money for the racers in both the Vehicle ET and Competition Eliminator class that night (money to be split equally as bonus money) we are going to hold an on-line auction here on our Big River Sand Drags forum. Spongebob (aka Jason Harris) and Gladys (Grandma) Edwards are helping me come up with donations from the region from various sponsors. We are looking for ANYTHING of value that we can auction off. All money goes directly to the special bonus payout money, with the exception of a small amount that will go to pay for posters, flyers, etc. We expect to raise more than $3,000 for this event.
We need your help in a variety of ways. If you can help us gather sponsors, if you can help us physically by doing some running around etc., or if you would like to make a donation... We need your help in making this possible and making the start of the 2007 season at BRSD the best ever. Anyone who donates items and/or services valued at more than $100 will have their business logo placed on a special sign-board at the track that will be up for the entire 2007 racing season. Plus all press-release items will mention all the participating sponsors on our website and more. Also, don't forget your donation is tax deductible.... All items must be donated to us prior to Dec. 31. The auction will be held Jan 15 thru 11:59 p.m., Jan. 20th. Winning bids will have 5 days to pay for items, after that time it goes to the second highest bidder. Once paid for we will release a note to the sponsor allowing you to pick up your item AT THAT SPONSOR.

If you would like to help out in any way, make a donation or just ask a question contact me at (573) 747-0566 or millsey@sbcglobal.net

Thanks!

Attachments

• Gettin Serious.JPG
    Gettin Serious.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 196
  • J.R. Dreher vs Brenda Smith.JPG
    J.R. Dreher vs Brenda Smith.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Josh Varner.JPG
    Josh Varner.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Dave Mallow liftoff.JPG
    Dave Mallow liftoff.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 177
I think that the super pro guys should race and the jr atvs, these are 2 of the better atv classes so at least run these, if not all other classes.

Sweet...I'll see what I can do about getting a couple good helmets for the auction tomorrow :D
That's awesome.! That's exactly what we need to get things going. I think that if we can get a variety of people involved we can raise a hefty amount of money to give out for opening night!!

That's awesome.! That's exactly what we need to get things going. I think that if we can get a variety of people involved we can raise a hefty amount of money to give out for opening night!!
Millsey, are you going to do a event flyer soon? If so, can you mail me a few of them and I'll send them along with a request for some freebies to my vendors. Tends to make it easier to get products that way ;)

I had a few posters made up, but I can have some flyers made off of them. That's probably a good idea. Thanks...

Got two helmets so far Millsey, might be able to get a couple more. I'll call you and give you all the details when I get the helmets.

I've got the new flyers for the Vehicle ET Nationals. Anyone who would like one to put up or distribute please contact me!!

Thanks,
Jeff

Back