Opal Vintage Dirt Car

pkracing12

I am rebilding a vintage car that has a opel gt body on it was told it raced at st charles up into the middle 80`s it was a # 26 or 28 kind of a moroon color if any body remembers this car or have pic it would be helpful would like to get it as close as possible to original could also use a body or body parts as this one has been sitting for 20 yrs or so it can be fixed but would take a while thanks

I can't place an opel??? 26 or28? Back then allied didn't allow duplicate #'s so if it was #28 that would have had to been Donnie Klein. He didn't run a opel as far as I know. He did run a Capri bodied car that was maroonish colored. The pic below is it. I thought that car got burned pretty bad in a garage fire Donnie had???? Thought Lenny Garson ended up with it??? That's what I heard once apon a time.

The only #26 from the 80's I believe would have been Leo Kiefer. Don't recall him having a car that color. All his to my recollection were blue????

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 202
opal

Now that you mention that there was a car that was maroon on one side and blue I think on the other side. I think it was Tom with Pepsi on it as a sponsor I think. Are you going to have this ready to run with us this year?

Vintage Opel

Thanks for the message I am working on my modified right now to get it ready but then I will get started on the opel, was wondering if maybethis car may have run in the Highland area this does not show any blue on it that I can telland thanks again

Back