Opening Night was a blast....

Millsey

Nearly 90 racers, we ran ON TIME with minimal problems, and the racing was great. It was a great opening night of racing Saturday. First things first. There have been some things in the past couple of years that had people shaking their heads, well you've got to hand it to Jason and Christi and the other people at BRSD because last night the place looked extremely clean and everything was prepared in order to put on a fantastic show for the night and the season. The only thing that pissed me off last night was some people running around with beer bottles after they were told not to. Well, if that continues I'll take matters into my own hands. But that was a slight problem that can easily be corrected. Again congratulations to Jason and Christi for putting together a great opening night.

Opening night winners:

In Junior ATV, Garth Farris of Mineral Point was the top eliminator and first place winner with Blake Jimmerson of Viburnum second.
In ATV-1, Scott Cook of DeSoto was the first place winner with Cassie Patterson of Leadwood taking second place and top eliminator.
In Pro ATV, Tanya Cunningham of Wood River, Ill. knocked off her husband to take both first place and top eliminator. Bobby Cunningham settled for second place.
In Super Pro ATV, Chris McAlexander of Wentzville was the first place winner with Chris Schmidt of Arnold taking second and top eliminator.
In Competition Eliminator, Steve Barton of Bonne Terre was the first place winner with Brad Lunn of Pacific taking second place and top eliminator.
In Off Road Modified, James Casteel of Bismarck was the top eliminator and first place winner with Kevin Sellers of Arnold taking second place.
In Stock Buggy, Jeremy Sutton of Park Hills was the first place winner with second place winner Gary Hollinsworth of Mineral Point taking second place and top eliminator.
In Vehicle ET, Gladys Edwards of Bonne Terre was the first place winner with Brian D. Cox of St. Louis taking second place and top eliminator during his first night of racing at Big River.
Racing continues next Saturday at BRSD. For more information visit the track's website at www.bigriversanddrags.com

thanks fatboys gang. doesnt that deserve a free meal? haha. how soon can we expect to have a great place to once again come eat? Also i wanna say how great and smooth everything ran last night hats off to jason, christi, jeff, karen and nick and everyone else..

congrats to all winners track was great everything ran smooth good job to everyone. but i do have one complaint that im sure is propably already being adressed and thats is that we need some sort of light on the guard rail at the end of the track its hard to see anything down there other than that i think we all have a great year to look foward to this year

thank ya.. u boys from the south side of desloge will be happy to hear that i made it the entire night with not a single red light, BUT, chad made a pass in practice in it and he seen the red light, he said he better just stick to painting although he did run a very very good time in it.

gary got me, i dont wanna sound like a winebag, but when i staged in they hadnt drug the track and i got a 5 foot spot and my car rolled anytime i took my foot off the brake. so i had to try to hold down the throttle and the gas at the same time, he got me out of the hole really bad i ran a faster time but i couldnt make up the hole shot and he beat me it was close the time slip said .008 is what he won by.

you should have made them drag the track i thought they were supposed to drag the track every race for first second and top e races. garys car is just consistent that thing has run good since he started running it i dont know what the deal is with it i know he sure put a whippin on my behind

your ride was running good theres no doubt about it im just glad i got my shifting down pat finally i can shift now wide open to where used to i couldnt do that last year i was getting 5.5 and 5.6s letting off so hopefully dad can help me get the carbs lined out and i can improve on that some but who knows

it felt good, but its not where we want it yet, i think some stiffer springs are in my near future and also the first night off, a new engine.

dont do like i did and mess with a car thats already running good i figured with the changes i made my car would run faster to but it slowed me way down i started the night running in the low six's

well if my springs slow me down it will only take about 10 mins to change them and the motor wont do it, im just gonna go through it, new pistons, sleeves, bearing and rings.

well he loved it, hes like i never expected it to be that much of a boost when he hit the nos button, he said i felt like a cartoon, when them guys get slapped back in thier seat and thier head snap really hard. but his best pass was just a 4.75. so hes still gonna run atleast a 1/2 second faster once its all lined out, but after his last run we pulled the oil filter and there was some shavings in it, thier from his timing gear. so we gotta pull the motor sometime dont know if it will make it out this week. todds motor is close, its all painted, the bottom end is on, jugs are on it, just needs pistons put in and heads slapped on, then carbs, so we should have it out this weekend.

thats good glad to hear that i dont know if ill make it this weekend or not it just depends if dad has time to fool with my car or not i think he got brendas done today so maybe he will

well thats good hes got her car done, i dont know when we will get time to work on kevins, he went off and never touched it, to help tear it down, and with todd out of town, it just leaves sherwood, then me and im not a lot of help but some, im sure we will just try to get todd and sherwoods car done.

Back