O'Reilly MARS has a busy upcoming weekend!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
O'REILLY AUTO PARTS MID-AMERICA RACING SERIES
Friday, July 25; Batesville Speedway (100th Event)
Saturday, July 26; I-30 Speedway

by Larry Olson; Mountain Home, AR

BATESVILLE AR. The O'Reilly Auto Parts Mid-America Racing Series will begin a critical part of it's schedule this Friday at the Batesville Speedway. The series will be in action five out of the next six weekends. Some very tight points battles could be determined in this stretch that will only break the weekend of August 15-16 for Batesville Speedway's Comp Cams Topless 100.

The O'Reilly M.A.R.S. series will also reach a milestone on Friday night at the Batesville Speedway. The series will sanction it's 100th event, most fittingly, at it's home track. >From there, the series will head back to the I-30 Speedway in Little Rock. It will be a full night of action in the states capitol as the O'Reilly M.A.R.S. cars will not only have it's regularly scheduled events, but they will make up a feature event that was rained out on May 10.

Donnie Barnhart of North Little Rock had captured the pole for that nights feature, with Leslie Essary to his outside. The rains came as eight laps of the last chance qualifier were in the books, and the race was deemed official as it had passed the halfway mark. All twenty-two qualifiers were set that night, and this 40 Lap make-up Feature will precede qualifying and another 40 Lap main event.

Terry Phillips of Springfield, Missouri and Bill Frye of Greenbriar, Arkansas left the I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri in a dead heat for the top spot of points standings. Frye turned in another outstanding weekend the last time the series competed, picking up his fifth feature win of the year at the Boliver Speedway, then surviving for a top five finish at I-44. Phillips was not so fortunate. He did notch a top five at Boliver, but was caught up in an early race wreck that sidelined him for the rest of the night.

Jeff Floyd of Walnut Ridge, Arkansas continues to come on. Floyd picked up a pair of top ten runs in Missouri putting him solidly in third place in the standings. Floyd is by no means out of the title picture either, as both Phillips and Frye are within striking distance for Floyd.

For Jeff Taylor of Batesville, Arkansas, it was good news and bad news as he notched a second place finish at Boliver, but was one of the many cars that was unable to finish Saturday's feature at I-44. Leslie Essary of Crane, Missouri has stablized in the fifth spot in O'Reilly M.A.R.S. points. Essary had a top ten at Boliver, but was another "dnf" victum at I-44.

Jerry Buck of Harviell, Missouri continues to have his best season ever in the O'Reilly M.A.R.S. series. Buck, in sixth place, had a pair of top ten finishes over the weekend. Mike Brown of Ft. Gibson, Oklahoma was one of the few drivers that could like both nights in Missouri. Brown was top five both nights, and pulled closer to Buck for Buck's sixth spot in the standings.

Mike Bowers of North Little Rock, Arkansas has started things moving his way as of late. Bowers struggled early in the season, but picked up a top ten at Boliver, then was the top "survivor" at I-44, picking up his first series win of the season, and third of his career.

Dewaine Hottinger of Russellville, Arkansas is currently nineth in series points. He struggled at both stops in Missouri, and was unable to crack the top ten either night. Charlie Ranolph of Muskogee, Oklahoma rounds out the top ten in series points, and leads the Kuntz & Company Rookie of the Year standings. Randolph picked up a top ten finish at I-44.

Steve Rushin of Poplar Bluff, Missouri is one spot out of the top ten. Joey Mack, of Benton, Missouri sits 12th in points, and has been coming on as late and had a top five, and top ten this past weekend. Jack Sullivan, of Greenbriar, Arkansas is 13th in series points, and is second in Kuntz & Company rookie points. Sullivan's fortunes have turned towards the positive as of late.

Gary Solba, of Willow Springs, Missouri and Shane Essary, of Aurora Missouri finish out the top 15 in series points. Also, Stacy Taylor of Jacksonville, Arkansas and David Gibson of Ash Flat, Arkansas are expected to be on hand.

Gates are scheduled to open at 5:30 on Friday night at the Batesville Speedway. Racing is slated for 8 pm. Tickets will be $15.00 for adults, and kids 11 and under will be admitted free. Pit passes will be $30.00. The Batesville Speedway is located seven miles west of Batesville on Highway 25. You can visit the Batesville Speedway on the World Wide Web at http://www.batesvillespeedway.com.

Gates will open at 5:00pm at the I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, with racing set for 7:30. Adult tickets are priced at $15.00, with kids 6 to 12 admitted for $2.00 with an adult. Pit passes are $25.00. The I-30 Speedway is located seven miles south of Little Rock on Interstate 30. Take exit 126 (County Line Road), then south to Frontage Road, then east. You can visit the I-30 Speedway at http://www.i-30speedway.com.

Feature Line-up for Make-up Race at I-30 Speedway

Donnie Barnhart-Leslie Essary
Mike Bowers-Bill Frye
Mike Brown-Jason Snodgrass
Wendell Wallace-Dewaine Hottinger
Garrett Durrett-Terry Phillips
Jeff Floyd-Jerry Buck
Steve Rushin-Jeff Taylor
Odie Green-Tommy Surrett
Joey Mack-Mark Norris
Charlie Randolph-Bryan Millican
Shane Essary-Jack Sullivan

For information about the O'Reilly Mid-America Racing Series point your browser to http://www.midamericaracingseries.com.

Title Sponsor for the 2003 Mid-America Racing Series is O'Reilly Auto Parts. Rookie of the Year sponsor for 2003 is Kuntz & Co. Performance and Balancing.

Major Corporate Sponsors for the 2003 M.A.R.S. season are Competition Cams, Rinehart Trucking, GRT Race Cars, Hatfield Racing Engines, Hoosier Racing Tires, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Schoenfeld Headers, and Turbo Blue Racing Fuel.

Turbo Blue is the official racing fuel for the Mid-America Racing Series.

Associate Corporate Sponsors for the 2003 M.A.R.S. season are Appleton Rack & Pinion, Boyd Built Fabricators, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Duralite Racing Wheels, JFR Graphics, Landrum Spring Service, M&M Racing Equipment, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Mudslinger The Magazine, Pizza Hut of Batesville, Ringer Gloves, Rockhard Powder Coating, Raceday Embroidery.

Raceday Embroidery is the sponsor of the Crew of the Year Award

Back