Oxtgen Sensor

vosevichs

The Crew
Is there any way you can replace a 3 wire sensor with a 2 wire sensor. I've heard you can but nobody tell how to. And will it work properly.

no you cannot. you can replace a 1 wire with a 3 wire, providing
you hook up the 1 wire to correct wire of the new 3 wire. a 3 wire sensor is nothing more than a 1 wire with a heating element, so it will work ok minus the heating element. the heating element makes the sensor work faster, for economy and emissions. if the ecm sees the oxy. sensor taking too long to start working, it will throw out a failure code(dtc) and figure that the heating element is faulty. i guess i should have said no to both of them, because you are dealing with something too sensitive to start changing types of sensors around to something other than what the ecm wants to see. so, just figure i said no to all of it.

True Art..i tell you..some of these aftermarket parts places..making these...universal 1 size fits all parts..just dont cut it. I tried that once...and wound up with a ck engine light coming on every stop light..and 3 errant codes. I from now on go by the rule...if it has 2 wire...replace it with 2 wire sensor...3 wire...3 wire sensor...ect. If cant get it from local parts store...buck up..and goto the dealer...will save you headaches down the road.

Back