Paint Question

HMRT MotorSports

Late Models & 1/4 Midgets
where can i get a fluorescent orange paint in enamel or polyurethane that is one shot,,as in spray and go,,,,house of colors has it but it is a 3 step system,,white base coat ,,orange paint,,then clear coat,,,thats a bit much for a dirt chassie,,lol i need a one shot paint!!!

Best bet is the hardware store, Rustolium
has a several heavy duty enamals, I know they have safety yellow and I'm sure I've seen a Safety orange.....

Rustoleum does come in gallon cans, but if you can't find them, try a Lowe's, Home Depot or a Brod-Dugan or Sherwin-Williams store.

SHERWIN-WILLIAMS IN STL OFF OF PAGE HAS A ALERT ORANGE AND CAN MAKE ANY QTY. MY COMPANY GETS CANS AND THEY MADE IT UP IN GALLONS BEFORE BY MISTAKE HOPE IT HELPS

ITS BEST IF YOU PAINT IT WHITE FIRST. I PAINT ALOT OF YELLOW AND ORANGE, YOU DONT USE THAT MUCH ETHER. I CAN ALSO MAKE BRIGHT ORANGE OR WHAT EVER COLOR YOU NEED!! I CAN GET SOME NEAT FLIP FLOP PAINT TOO .:D

Hoffner
I have tried to find a really bright florescent orange color. The only thing I can find is House of Color that actually works. I tried the orange spray cans and it doesn't hold up very well. If you get on Donny Jumper's website, http://www.impressiveracecars.com/, you can see a frame that I just did for him with the House of Color. It is very bright.

Jeff LeBaube

"The Flyin' Frenchman" makes an appearance on STLRacing!!!

Hey Jeff, you plan on coming back to I-55 more often? I missed ya most of last year.

Hey Mike go to your local NAPA(McKays). They have a one shot enamel base paint that works very well and is very durable.
Every racecar I have had except when I had the Modified was painted with the same paint and they all turned out well.
Randy Braman

Back