Party Starts Thursday! DIRTcar UMP Roundup at I-55 Raceway Highlights Eight Divisions of Racing

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
811851179_yqLrv-M.jpg

PEVELY, MO -- March 16, 2010 -- DIRTcar UMP Racing is the premier sanctioning body for hundreds of dirt track racing drivers from across the Midwest, and there's only one event that brings them together -- the DIRTcar UMP Roundup "Party In Pevely" at Ken Schrader's I-55 Raceway in suburban St. Louis.

The second annual event kicks off on Thursday, March 18, and runs through Saturday, March 20, and serves as the launching pad for the 2010 season. Competitors from across the region will compete not just for a big payday, but for the prized Belt Buckle Trophy and Silver Roundup Platter that have become synonymous with the DIRTcar Roundup.

In the inaugural event, every division turned in breathtaking action on the high-banked 1/3-mile oval just off of Interstate 55 in Pevely, Mo. In the finale, the DIRTcar Late Models of Brian Shirley, Randy Korte and Will Vaught staged a three-car battle over the final 10 laps that brought the crowd to its feet as Shirley barely edged Korte and Vaught.

Now Round 2 of the Party In Pevely is just around the corner. Whether fans come for the racing or for all of the activities in the pits during the pre- and post-race action, there is something for everyone. Food and fun are almost as important as the racing so during the day there’s a wienie roast and chili feed, but at night the pits come to life with live music. If the inaugural event is any indicator, the party will last long after the checkered flag waves each night, and is much a part of this special event as the racing.

The Party will pack the pits, and the racing will be virtually non-stop from the first green flag. For any fan of DIRTcar UMP Racing, this is as big as it gets. The only event all year that is open to any DIRTcar UMP Racing competitor no matter his or her division puts all the drivers in the same spotlight, competing for the same trophies.

The action gets under way with practice on Thursday before everything counts on Friday and Saturday. Check out http://www.partyinpevely.com for schedule, ticket and camping information.

WHAT

DIRTcar UMP Racing kicks into full swing with the Second Annual "Party In Pevely" Thursday (March 18) through Saturday (March 20) at I-55 Raceway in Pevely, Mo. The event features all eight divisions of DIRTcar UMP Racing: Late Models, Modifieds, Pro Late Models, Sportsman, Limited Modifieds, Stock Cars, Factory Stocks and 4-Cylinders.

WHEN

*On Thursday, March 18, the campground opens at 9 a.m. with registration and inspection at 3 p.m. and and open practice at 5 p.m.

*On Friday, March 19, breakfast will be in the Roundup Tent at 10 a.m. with registration beginning at 2 p.m. and inspection at 3 p.m. Racing begins at 7 p.m. followed at 10 p.m. by live music in the Roundup Tent.

*On Saturday, March 20, breakfast will be in the Roundup Tent at 10 a.m. with registration beginning at noon and inspection at 1 p.m. Racing begins at 6 p.m. followed at 10 p.m. by the trophy party, payoff and live music in the Roundup Tent.

WHERE

I-55 Raceway is a high-banked 1/3-mile dirt oval in Pevely, Mo. Directions: Take I-55 to Herculaneum exit (#178), head east on U.S. 61/67, go north to Herky-Horine Road, then 1/2-mile west. The track phone is 636-479-3219.

TICKETS

On Thursday, the pits are $15 and grandstands are FREE. On Friday the pits are $30 and the grandstands are $20. On Saturday, the pits are $30 and the grandstands are $25. A three-day combo is available for $65 and a two-day combo (Friday-Saturday) is available for $60. All competitors must have a DIRTcar license to compete.

ON THE INTERNET

*I-55 Raceway is at http://www.i55raceway.com

* The Party In Pevely is at http://www.partyinpevely.com

* DIRTcar Racing is at http://www.dirtcar.com

DEFENDING CHAMPIONS

This is the second annual DIRTcar Roundup Party In Pevely. Previous winners by division are:

*Late Model: Brian Shirley

* Modified: Bobby Bittle

* Pro Late Model: Bobby Dauderman

* Sportsman: Troy Naeger

* Limited Modified: Ken Rumble

* Stock Car: Steve Maisel

* Factory Stock: Danny Ems

* 4-Cylinder: Jason Crump

Back