Passing on the inside

Jfrob

Looking for advice from other drivers. What is the right thing to do when you get under another driver going down the straight and they come down on you goin into the next corner? Do you try to hold your line or let off the gas? I keep having this happen and would just like to know how everyone else feels about this situation. Thanks

Depends how far up next to them you are and if they can see u. If they see your nose at their door and cut u off then I'd stay in it, but if ur only to their left rear wheel or quarter and they can't see u then let off and try again the next time!

Depends how far up next to them you are and if they can see u. If they see your nose at their door and cut u off then I'd stay in it, but if ur only to their left rear wheel or quarter and they can't see u then let off and try again the next time!

True and good advice. if you hook his lr he will spin and probably take you out as well as other cars and you will look like the one at fault. Been there done that. if he cant see you..its his line and ive said this alot. some people dont realixe you do not have side or rear view mirrors. if a nose is not present on either side.......its your line. you have to give him that option as well. But if you are beside him...........id stay in the gas too and what happens...........happens.

Well.i agree Dave. If the shoe is on the other foot....it would look different and the actual question would be different too. I dunno......but my belief has always been when passing someone.........drive like your on eggshells. He doesnt know where you are or going to be. He has the track......its your job to get around him. If he comes down as your passing and he cant see you.....well its kind of the fault of the passer. Trust me.happened to me about 6 times. Id try to pass someone and just when i did.......id get crammed halfway in the pass. 2 options...get on the binders and hope i dont get wacked...or take the door shot or fender shot. But seems like anytime i just took the shot....i had about 20 people in my pits screaming at me like i tried to take them out. Wasnt the case and i learned. But thats my view and i wll understand everyone has their views too. Good topic actually.

i agree . i like to think if i give him room maybe he'll return the same later if role is different in the next race. but if they are consintly hitting me or using me as a extra set of wheels then, just remember i'm behind u in the next corner .lol

Heck one time at Godfrey i was door to door with someone and he just left turned into me. I jumped on the brakes......still got my rf fender to his quarter. He said he didnt know i was there.......we had some beers afterwards and it was ok since some told him i tried to get out of the way. Might be the wrong thing to do but might be the right thing to do as well.

Back