Pay Out

The Boogyman 26

Cole Trickle #25
This is a question for the Fredricktown great promoter on there pay outs. Tonight Curley the track owner told a hand full of race car drivers and car owners that after tonight 5-23-08 if you do not finish the feature no matter what lap or place your in you will only get show up money.
Here is the what he is talking about and I will use the B Mod class as the example because I was one of the people he was telling it to along with a pure street and sportsman drivers.
We had 9 B Mods at the track tonight and one car broke during the hot laps so we are down to 8 cars . In the feature the first car to fall out spun and got a flat so we are down to 7 cars. Then another car spins (mine) and gets hit has a flat so we are down to 6 cars. Well the race ended with a total of 4 cars running at the end of the race. The fourth place car was illegal for weight so 3 car finished the race running legally. Curley made the statement in front of Kate Thompson and other people that from now on if your car does not take the checker flag you will only get show up money not where you placed. So what Curley tried to do tonight was to pay the 1st three cars there place money and the rest show up money 30 dollars. He even paid the 8th place car show up money and he didn't make a lap all night. The rest ran there butts off and he tried to pay them 30 dollars.
Curley how is your UMP late models and sportsman car going to like to get paid show up money when they fall out of the feature and they only had 6 or 7 cars. They would lose way more money than anybody and travel farther than anybody to get 50 dollar start money when they should make 200 or 300 dollars.
Well this is to get a answer from the promoter and to see if Curley he going to go through with his pay out threat. I know we may be backmarkers on the track but we bring fans to your track but we will not be back for 30 dollars especially when we get lucky once in a while and finish higher in the feature. Well enough said and everyone needs to call the promoter and Curley if I am right and let him no he is wrong (if they will answer there phones). Kate Thompson you was right there when Curley blew up to Ann and said to pay us tonight and but not anymore,you heard it so if your for the drivers speak up, you haven't hid behind the computer before for your 2 cents worth so don't am I right or wrong.
Thank you Paul Will

Paul,

I am a fan who attended the races tonight and just wanted to say thanks for coming and racing man! I understand your frustration concerning the $ situation. I'm sorry to hear your story. I wish I had not read it. This brings up the reason why I'm posting this. I love racing. I do not make enough $ to afford my own car so watching you guys is next best thing. I've watched 9 Friday nights go buy and no racing. I was so excited to actually go tonight. The car count was not what I had expected, but the racing made up for it. I will be there every Friday night and I hope that you can work this out and be there too. Please don't use this message board to post negative things about the track. If you have too...send a private message to resolve issues like this. Negative post on here really affect all that you, the other drivers, and the track have worked so hard for. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to handle your business. I just want to let you know from a fan's side...tonight was awesome...until I read this. So please for the poor man... keep it clean, drive fast...and turn left!

Glad to hear the racing was great last night...I'll be there starting next week...BUT negitive or not, if this is true, that's some info us drivers that weren't there needs to know. Now why would he pay a guy that doesn't start the feature which isn't ever done anywhere else, and then not pay the guys their purse in the feature according to where they finished due to not finishing the race? That makes no sense. They just broke or tore up their stuff trying to put on a show for your track. I think I understand Curly's frustration due to the car count he had last night. But that's not the way to get more support or cars to the track. I always want to give the track the benifit of the doubt when someone says something about the rock because i want to see the track succeed. But you want to pull cars IN not run them OUT.

Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding and we'll get to some great racing this year from here on out.

Hey Paul...heard your car was running pretty good last night.

Bill

If the car count was low and he cuts pay, it will only make the car count worse. A cut in pay will run cars off quicker than the rain will!

Our apologies!

Paul, Please be assured that we are checking the situation out and will correct any mistake on our part. We apologize for the confusion and any misunderstanding that occurred. Opening nite chaos! We appreciate all you drivers, families and fans very much and we are looking forward to a wonderful year of racing despite the late start. It is nice to see old friends and have new face coming in this year. Please bear with us and know we WILL rectify any mistakes on our part! Hope to see you Friday nite.

Thanks,
Kayee

Hey Bill the car was faster than last year just a rookie mistake took us out of the feature. But hey it was a great night the track was great and we went home with just a flat tire.
I will retract this post when a respones comes back on how they will pay us next week and return to the track. But the only way to get a answer at Fredricktown is on here and everyone needs to know what he said. I hope the car counts get way higher and things go smoothly as they have a nice track and we love racin there. As you know we don't usually finish high in the feature and when we do we would like a little reward for the finish. Thanks for writing Bill and hopefully we're see you Friday. Paul

Knowledge is Power

Paul,

I Please don't use this message board to post negative things about the track. If you have too...send a private message to resolve issues like this. Negative post on here really affect all that you, the other drivers, and the track have worked so hard for. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to handle your business.

What is this message board for-to KISS ***** for the track-money is what brings cars to the track-you get what you pay for

THANKS Boogyman for your POST
Shunjunjunshunjun Have you ever heard about FREEDOM OF SPEECH

What is this message board for-to KISS ***** for the track-money is what brings cars to the track-you get what you pay for

THANKS Boogyman for your POST
Shunjunjunshunjun Have you ever heard about FREEDOM OF SPEECH

Man...Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with tact and the way negative media affects people.

As for the purpose of the message board....well....I just do not think that it should be used to talk about certain things.
For example...I wouldn't talk about my sex life at a girl scout meeting...get my point?

Freedom of Speech

I will guess that you would burn all the books that you tought was against YOUR morals so nobody could be corrupted, just keep them thinking what you want them to think.
I not talking girl scouts and what you should say to them. Do you not think they will learn about sex if you say nothing. This is a public forum, that means you can talk about anything you wish and anyone that tries to prevent that is trying to make HIS morales the only ones you hear or read.
Maybe we should remove all the national geographic books from the schools and librarys because they show pictures of bare breasted women, and all books on evolution and just teach creation, keep them in the dark.
by the way there was a man that did burn all the book he didn`t think his people should read his name was A. Hitler
get my point

Who do you talk to about your sex life? I will give you my # if you want to talk, I`m of proper age!

getting a little off subject are we... Shunjun was just trying to stay positive but wasn't seeing it from a drivers point of view..but that's ok...

And Sparknock...who's really keeping who in the dark these days...when's the last time you saw creation being taught in schools?... instead they teach this constantly changing guessing game crap called evolution...What's fair for one should be fair for the other...

I'm not here to get in a debate. You made your statement, figured i'd throw my two cents in there...

is evolution fact? Even the super smart scientists can't prove it or agree on it. Just a theory... no fact...

But we can agree to disagree and be civil. I was a little emotion on my last comment, but was trying to just get a message across.

Anyways...is it Friday yet!

agree to disagree

is evolution fact? Even the super smart scientists can't prove it or agree on it. Just a theory... no fact...

But we can agree to disagree and be civil. I was a little emotion on my last comment, but was trying to just get a message across.

Anyways...is it Friday yet!

Is creation fact? Even the super smart theologians can`t prove it or agree on it. Just a theory...no fact...
But we can agree to disagree- freedom of speech in it`s finest.
I have read the Bible, you need to read Charles Darwin`s Orgin of the Species, open your mind to to many different (theorys)

Anyways... is it Friday yet! Benton opens at 4:00 pm see you there
Good luck racing Wheel 21

I've done my reading in evolution compared to creation.. And it's a deep subject that's called "The Great Debate". Either way you go it takes faith! I chose to put my faith in God.

So how about that payout...we ever get a definate answer on how the track is handling this?

Please bear with us!

I refer to my earlier post...... Please be assured that we are checking the situation out and will correct any mistake on our part. We apologize for the confusion and any misunderstanding that occurred. Opening nite chaos! We appreciate all you drivers, families and fans very much and we are looking forward to a wonderful year of racing despite the late start. It is nice to see old friends and have new face coming in this year. Please bear with us and know we WILL rectify any mistakes on our part! Hope to see you Friday nite.

Thanks,
Kayee

P.S. We will definitely make up the difference, once we have a chance to work on this. Being a holiday weekend, everyone is very busy. PLEASE just be patient.
Kayee

It seems that PAUL WILL is NOT willing to accept the answers I have given,and is trying to turn everything I say into something I DIDN'T say, I don't know what else to say or do. Paul has decided to attack me personally with private emails. I said it would be taken care of & I am sorry you feel that way but there's nothing more I can do . I hope to see you at the track Friday Nite.

I am not harrassing you on private emails I have got every email you wrote me and if anybody wants to see them contact me and i will forward her remarks to your email. I am not trying to stir crap I am just asking a simple question like Bill did What is the pay out going to be Friday night. We will be there if they pay for dnf's in the features, if they don't we will go somewhere else. Its a nice track and like running there but we would like to be payed for where we finish in the feature running or not finishing. So this can be a dead issue once and for all with a simple answer thats all--Pay or No Pay???????
Thanks paul

Not attacking ANYONE here, but...

This shouldn't have to be worked out, it never should've been an issue...

A little birdie told me that an explanation will probably be coming tomorrow so let's just give them a little time to enjoy the holiday and see what tomorrow brings..

This shouldn't have to be worked out, it never should've been an issue...

Exactly. It's not rocket science that the life blood of a race track is cars and drivers coming through the pit gate. If you can get a car count and a consistantly well run show, you can fill the grandstands. With that said, not taking care of the drivers will eventually take down the rest of the system.

Even Darwin said...

If his theory was true, then we would find skeletons of all the transitional forms of animals. Has any dig ever produced such? NO! So I guess we will wait and see. And no... Lucy the ape man never existed. Those bones were fabricated from a jaw bone, and several fragments of a skull, all located on the dig chart as coming from within a 30 yard radius of one another. You decide....Doesnt take a genius to see that someone wanted to build an ape man there..
Is creation fact? Even the super smart theologians can`t prove it or agree on it. Just a theory...no fact...
But we can agree to disagree- freedom of speech in it`s finest.
I have read the Bible, you need to read Charles Darwin`s Orgin of the Species, open your mind to to many different (theorys)

Anyways... is it Friday yet! Benton opens at 4:00 pm see you there
Good luck racing Wheel 21

Back