percentages

de_03

could any one help me with the percentages on a streetstock bomber,im running a 84 monte how much front back left side right side im clueless and need help.

I don't know exactly how to answer. I'd guess that most tracks don't allow bombers to add weight, so you'd have to adjust your weight in your setup. I've heard that some guys mount the fuel cell way to the driver's side in the trunk(with about a 1 1/2 or 2 inch steel plate hidden below it) for more left rear weight. I know that everybody wants the heaviest corner to be the left rear, but I don't know the percentages. You might try going to the pits of your local track and ask different drivers, as most of them would probably be glad to help.

I can get you in the neighborhood, assuming you have scales. Rear 53-55% rear, left side @54% Keep in mind the high rear % is to make up for the tire, being less than desirable. front end settings LF +1deg. camber/.... +1 degree caster/ RF - 3 to -4 degrees camber/.. ..-3 deg. caster. These are rough, but should get you going. Thats assuming your spring rates are correct, and your shocks are right.

Back