pete koenig in iraq

speed43

rubbin' is racin'
hello all, pete was home for a couple of days before they shipped out over the big pond to the sand. he wanted me to post this to all that he read the messages & thanks each one of you who responded.pete has been in the national guard for almost 20 years, and he is PROUD to serve his country & the freedom of his fellow american's.he never thought he would have to like this, but he is honored to do it. we just pray that each man & woman that is over there now returns saft to us & the same way they left us! thank you all again & God Bless the U.S.A>thank you,
pete's wife & family:)

Thanks so much for the update.... Pete has always been a special person at the track, now he's a hero for the entire country. Thanks Pete!!!

Go USA!!!

koenig in iraq

thank you so much jeff. that picture made us cry. only cause we miss & love him so much. yes, pete is and always has been & will be mine & the kid's hero! all the men & weman over there should be our hero's.
thanks again,
pete's wife & family

Well......

On a serious note.......God Bless you Pete, you were my hero before Iraq.

Petey is an awesome guy who I would love to trade paint with anytime....anywhere. He truly is a hero both in the Real world and in the racing world. If he can deal it out with a gun like he can with a car, I almost feel sorry for the bastards over there.

Tracy, Godbless you and the Family too. It's hard to be away from home and family, but it is just as hard for the family too. Keep us posted when you here from Pete. Thanks for this update too. _Randy Horton Jr_

Now, on a humorous note......Millsey, got any pics of the night that Kenny Harris turned Petey over at SFCR in 98'? If you have one of Pete running through the infield after Kenny, post it. That'll scare them ragheads into submission.....LOL!:D

That was one of the great moments in SFCR history... I was standing right there under the flag stand when it happened and Pete was out of that car before it even came to a rest.... For a big man he was flat motoring across that infield.....

Luckily for Kenny....

Myself and Celia Crisp were the one's on the "receiving end" of that run. I didn't think we were EVER gonna settle him down. That is a great memory, even though it was tough to deal with at the time.

Coincidentally, that was MY paint on that car, my lettering was barely dry........:rolleyes: Oh well, it made a good story, and it definately made some people watch what would happen after that. Those kind of incident are what make weekly grassroots shows so great. And to think, nascar gets all pissy about things like that.......

Back