Petree looking for investors for APR

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
E. FLAT ROCK, N.C. (Dec. 12, 2002) - Andy Petree said he is seeking investors for his NASCAR Winston Cup race team, and still has plans for a full schedule in 2003.

"Investors with existing business relationships can find a home with a top stock car racing team," Petree said. "I’m looking for someone who can partner with me and help us continue the success this team has enjoyed over the years."

Petree, the only hands-on car owner with a recent championship in a leadership role, has two race victories in the past two seasons, and is perennially a challenger on a weekly basis. Bobby Hamilton and Joe Nemechek were the most recent drivers to win with the team.

"For someone who is looking to be part of a traditionally winning team in the most popular form of motorsports, we have a tremendous opportunity," Petree said. "The missing piece of our puzzle is a business savvy investor with ties to corporate America."

A proven winner, Petree has found victory lane in everything he has attempted. In fact, his most recent victory came with 2003 Winston Cup champion Tony Stewart behind the wheel of his NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series entry, taking a victory at Richmond, Va. Stewart said Petree had one of the best organizations for which he had driven in his career, and noted that Petree’s truck team won in just four starts.

"We’ve done everything you can do on the race track. I don’t think anyone disputes that we have a strong program here," he said. "Someone who can come in as an investor and help us bring the final part of the sponsorship situation together is going to find tremendous rewards. The way this sport is booming right now, once the economy does come back - and it is showing every sign of doing that - an established winning NASCAR Winston Cup team is going to be at a real premium."

Back