Peveley Race-Saturday

retired

Does anyone know what the price of admission is for Sat. Aug. 12? I can't seem to find out from anywhere. Please reply if you know. Thanks

For a little more information, this should be a passing point race and not a qualifying race. MARS uses the same type of qualifying that I-55 does.

Some drivers expected:

Bill Frye, Terry Phillips, Jeff Taylor, Steve Rushin, Billy James, Justin Wells, Jeff Floyd, Joey Mack, Brandon McCormick, Dane Dacus, and Jordan Jones, Will Vaught, Dennis Erb, Randy Korte plus all those great locals.

Its nice to see I-55 bringing in the MARS series for a race, this should be a good one. :)

slideways said:
I don't know I wouldn't throw out Shirley, he's on fire at Pevely (assuming he's going to be there) or even Billy Faust.

I'm all for it. Yes, Brian will be there. Plans are for PIR tomorrow, I-55 Saturday then the pair of WoO shows at F/C and Eldon. The 55 tire rule will make things a bit interesting...

michelle said:
The 55 tire rule will make things a bit interesting
I wonder, does that give the MARS drivers a little bit of an advantage because they use that tire regularly, or is it pretty much a non factor?

The UMP drivers use LM 40's regularly at I-55 for the feature, but for all races with 40's is not normal. This should present a challenge and some change in setups.

Dirt said:
I wonder, does that give the MARS drivers a little bit of an advantage because they use that tire regularly, or is it pretty much a non factor?

The fact that competitors can use the spec 55s, WRS 55s or LM 40s only just may be a factor. While UMP competitors may opt to use some 40s through the night at I-55 on a regular show, tires could be a handicap because it definitely can make a difference even on the same setups.

Looking forward to PIR and I-55!

Back