Pevely Claim/Drama

Grange

Range 65
All,

My name is Gary Range and my son Josh races in the class this year. I ran the class the past two seasons. I know what your saying...(Who Cares) but humor me for a minute as this is a board to voice your thoughts or opinions or whatever.

I am posting on here to represent what I think is a group of racers who are caught in the middle of this deal, and really could care less one way or another as we are not going to win a championship or whatever regardless of the claim. So we really do not have any skin in the game as even out for 4 weeks, Chris, Mark, and Justin will most likely still beat us in points. So instead of $40.00 prize money we will get $20.00 at the end of the year. Who Cares. We just do not want to be frowned upon as we plan to associate with and race our friends at Buechting Racing, and plan to race and talk to the folks who were claimed. We have gotten to know all the Buechtings, decaled their cars, and they sponsor our cars. I have known them to be upstanding People.

We enjoy talking to the Fisher family, Chris is a good kid, and a good driver, His Dad (Jim) has always been very nice and helpful to our family. Baldwin group has been nothing but nice to us and we try to get along and help everyone. If we are fast enough on a good night, we enjoy racing against their cars.

I have told my family to stay out of this mess and drama,etc. as we try to get along with everyone in the class and we truly are here for fun.

There have been a lot of people on here supporting the claim and bashing the Buechtings. So it sure has stirred up like 4000 views on the post, and for a filler class that no one comes to watch anyway it is drawn allot of attention.

My buddy Trey Lawrence(PRO 4 and Sportsman Driver & Attorney by week when he is not racing) can maybe give me some legal verbage or whatever to use here . However RangeRacing,or family or whatever was in no way shape or form involved in the claim, had no idea it was happening, etc. We do not agree or disagree with it.

With that said, I do not think they did it to buy a championship for Jake as someone earlier stated. If they were going to claim folks to win a championship, they would have done it last year when Jake got 2nd in points right behind Homer. Just my take on it.

I think they did it because the first week this year WE ALL STOOD AT THE DRIVERS MEETING AND WERE TOLD..... IF YOU DO NOT THINK SOMEONE IS LEGAL AND YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, USE THE CLAIM RULE AS WE REALLY HAVE NO GOOD WAY OF TECHING THESE CARS AS THEY ARE ALL DIFFERNT.

Now if you are one of the folks who was claimed, it really ****s. But Jim Fisher told me the first week that Chris was not running for a championship at Pevely this year and was going to run several differnt tracks to get UMP points. So I am not sure how much this is really affecting him as many other tracks offer ump points.

Baldwin racing does not really have a place to race now, so I feel for them. But in my eyes, it took courage on Gerald's part to stand up and look them in the eye and say I think your not legal, and I am putting my money where my mouth is. That's what Troutman told us all to do at the beginning of the year. He didnt get behind a screen name and bash people. He did what he was told. In my eyes that took courage. It was not popular and now will probably divide the class, but he did as the officials said.

As racers, we just hope that everyone moves on from this and have some good, fun, safe, clean racing the remainder of the season. This class is about fun........

Sorry for the long post

Gary, I do agree with some of what you say but my name is Greg Fisher. LOL, and yes Chris and I will be back and you can count on help if needed at any time as long as it is not around the "B" team. And the statement still stands the Chris is not running for points at Pevely, it is just the closest track to where we live. Brad Smith is the owner of the car that Chris is driving this year and we hope to put the mod back together for next year "hope" being the big word. And to set the record straight, we do not plan on coming back and rubbing/wrecking or hurting any car or driver on the field. I know what its like to have to fix a car after it has been wreckes by another driver. I wish you and Josh all the best and if you have any questions please feel free to call at any and this goes for most of the other Pro 4 drivers at Pevely and any other track that we get to race at.

Gary, I have always had a great deal of respect for you and hope you won't be offended by this. but how can you defend the pot calling the kettle black?

Mr. Fisher- I sincerely apologize as I have called you Jim for 3 years now. Most people refer to you as Fishers dad, but I always thought your first name was Jim. So I am truly sorry sir.

Danny- I am not defending anyone. All I was defending was that we like racing with everyone and can see both sides of the situation. I said my peace and we are staying out of it. Anyone could get on here and argue each side of the situation and have valid points.

This class is about fun, that's all I am pointing out.

Pork Chop36(Bob)- SHUT UP!

Pasta man- Thanks Buddy!

Gary- I agree with you 100%. I'm there to have a good time joke around and get along with everyone. I like everyone that I have met at Pevely, and I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I have learned alot this year just trying to follow guys like Fisher, Mark, Justin and Crump. When they pass me on the track or I start behind them I try to follow and see if I can learn. Hopfully I can move up a class in the near future.

Brian Spalding #93

Gary, no problem. I got a laugh out of the Jim Fisher name. But just to let everyone know, I am Greg Fisher known as the pitdad for a few years, father of Chris Fisher and yes son of Jim Fisher "not the racer" and like yourself, I love the sport and have a lot of fun in the pits.

Greg

Gary, I have always had a great deal of respect for you and hope you won't be offended by this. but how can you defend the pot calling the kettle black?
he isnt defending anyone really
he is just saying that he admires the courage it took to claim them
he isnt agreeing or disagreeing with the situation

Gary I would offer up and be your friend but looks like Pastaman took care of that !!! So the next time you need a friend - ( you just call out my name and you know I'll come running ) LOL!!!!!

so i know that i dont run at pevely but i am a 4 cylinder driver... i couldnt agree more! i think all of the drama on here is very uncalled for ya we do have a right to speak on here but all the criticism about this topic is going to start pushing people away from this class and i mean honestly we all cant afford to lose that! this class is a great class no matter where it is ran at! im not agreeing with the claim or disagreeing because like i said i dont race there but all of the harsh words should really stop. jmo!!!! please dont think that i am trying to intrude but in the end the best driver will win! no matter how many weeks they have to take off they can still make it up at a different track for points. race because you enjoy it not for points because when its done being fun thats when its time to stop! well again i am not trying to offend anyone i just wanted to make a statement! thank you!

shannon

??

Forgive me but isnt the claim rule to stop drivers from putting alot of cash in the car? If a few guys are running away isnt that what the claim rule was for? I do think the claim rule need a little tweeking like you must be in top 5 or at least on lead lap to claim. Or top five may claim each other top 5 car for $500.00 with there car in exchange or if on lead lap you may claim any car for $1000.00 with car exchange? still keeping seat and belts? we all know you cant build and maintain any competitive racecar for $500.00 ::: just my thoughts :eek:

straight from the rulebook...here is the claim rule:
  1. $500.00 and exchange of a running feature finishing car.
  2. $600.00 outright made by any racer or spectator.
  3. Officials must approve all claims.
  4. Officials may claim any car at any time.
  5. Claim must be made in cash to Protest Man within 15 minutes of final feature race.
  6. No one can make more than one claim per season.
  7. Claimed car may not be claimed again for 2 complete race nights.
  8. Refusal of claim will result in a suspension of car and driver for 4 race nights.
  9. Car is claimed less seat, seat belts, window net and fuel cell.

I think Allied should avoid all this drama ! Put the pro-4's at Belleville, and the pure stocks at pevely! Bigger car, bigger track. Smaller car, smaller track. I ran a stock vehicle at Pevely , and I like all these folks. Go to the races, and support the 4-cylinder classes.

I think Allied should avoid all this drama ! Put the pro-4's at Belleville, and the pure stocks at pevely! Bigger car, bigger track. Smaller car, smaller track. I ran a stock vehicle at Pevely , and I like all these folks. Go to the races, and support the 4-cylinder classes.
LET'S NOT MOVE ANYTHING!!!
How will moving the races avoid the drama? All you wanna do is move the drama and race on a bigger track! Sounds to me like your looking for an excuse to get to race at Pevely! Most of the drivers at Pevely in the Pro-4 class are local to the track and I don't think anybody wants to drive farther to race at a smaller track! Bad idea, and there was no drama at Pevely till this claim deal. I'm sure this will all blow over in time. Can't we all just get along? Even if we don't agree with one another! The worst part of this claim deal is the races seem tainted till Fisher, Todd, and McCallister come back. I got my first top 10 finish Saturday night (8th), but feel like I only earned 11th, because I know those three drivers would have probably been ahead of me. I feel like I needed to finish in the top 7 to earn a top 10. I feel cheated. JMO........Free The Fish!!!

flhc1982 You are correct on all points . I was just saying that I enjoyed racing at Pevely . I liked all the people who raced there, even the people, who were "rumored" to have cheated up cars. I didn't care. Go to the races, and support the 4-cylinder classes.Oh , and sorry about the switching the classes comment, I always beat that drum!

to Chargin Chuck

That's Kool, fact of the matter is, I would be out of racing if I was forced to Belleville! Sooooo, I'm a little touchy about it. I get off work late on Fridays and have to be back at work @ 3am on Saturdays. If it wasn't for the fact that Pevely raced this class on Saturday nights, I'd be S.O.L. I actually started to build a street stock, before my Pro-4, but couldn't afford to finish it and have it be competitive. That's why I race this class. Anyways, see ya at the track and yes "Support the Support Classes"!!! These are your future racers in the upper classes. P.S. I lke your nick name, and oh yeah........Free The Fish!!!! LOL Charlie David

Back