Pevely Photo

Yeah, I was able to print several of the photos off of a couple of my friends cars. I can't wait to give them to them. All you have to do is "right click" you mouse on the proper picture after you've enlarged it. Then you just have to save it as a .jpg photo. Thanks for the photos Lugnut!

Wow for a guy who was so worried about Jimmy dearings photos you werent too worried about stealing mine and printing them huh? Although the quality of whatever you print will not be anywhere near the quality of what they could be since they were saved so small. I actually dont mind if folks save the photos for personal use, thats why I dont have them right click protected. I do save them at a lot lower quality then I would for printing, however if they get reposted anywhere on the web I better be asked first since I do own the copyrights to the photos.

Lugnut

Dyn-O-Mite..
Particularly the frontal shots of the cars in the turn..
Better than Dearings. :) He should hire you.. :)
Wish you would have had
picture of our car, #20 Modified, Pierce chassis.
TTSH racing.

gmincher said:
Dyn-O-Mite..
Particularly the frontal shots of the cars in the turn..
Wish you would have had
TTSH racing.

Let me look through, I only posted 86 I think, I took 216. I got tired last night and stopped editing them. If I have one of the 20 modified I'll add it to the gallery so you can see it.

Edit to add, some of the modified shots I cant see the numbers on the side, alot are front view, what color and sponsors does the car have on it.

Lugnut

F5 Racer said:
Do you have any of the #F5 Pro-4 Neon?

I'm sorry that I dont have one, I wasnt able to keep track of every car, that I had or hadnt shot during the day and I did miss a few. I'm sorry that I dont. This wont be the last time I shoot at the track though, so next time I'll keep your number in mind. Since this was the first time I have shot any racing photos I didnt really have a "plan" just tried to shoot where the action was and then try to get every car. But I wasnt able to do that.

Lugnut

gmincher said:
Wish you would have had
TTSH racing.

LOL I missed this earlier. I think Mr Dearing has made it clear he is the track photographer, and I wont wait by the phone waiting for the call. Thanks for the compliment. But for now I'll leave the shooting to the Professionals.

Lugnut

Hey Lugnut,

Thanks for the pics man. I was working on my car yesterday and heard about some of the stuff that happened at Pevely, but now I got to see a little of what they were talking about. Nice sequence of Brad White's late model spin.

Lugnut, you wouldn't happen to be the guy who came through the stands with blonde hair and a very large lens on your camera would you? Just curious. Saw this guy in the stands and was wondering who he was or where he was from.

qwaynick said:
Lugnut, you wouldn't happen to be the guy who came through the stands with blonde hair and a very large lens on your camera would you? Just curious. Saw this guy in the stands and was wondering who he was or where he was from.

Nope I sure wouldnt, I was in turns 1-2 in the infield, all afternoon and didnt even go to the stands. Sounds like there may be more then a couple of people shooting photos at the track yesterday. Maybe others will share their photos as well, so those that couldnt be there could get a feel for the racing season again.

Lugnut

Lugnut, just to let you know, anything that is publicly posted on the internet for general viewing is legal to be copied. That's why people who actually have their photos for sale have their photo credit lines either across the photos or they are set up to where they cannot be copied with the statement of copyright.

Millsey said:
Lugnut, just to let you know, anything that is publicly posted on the internet for general viewing is legal to be copied. That's why people who actually have their photos for sale have their photo credit lines either across the photos or they are set up to where they cannot be copied with the statement of copyright.

AFAIK, it can be copied for personal use only, any use beyond that has to be with the permission of the photographer who retiains all rights to the photo. If I was concerned about any of those photos I would have put my copyright and signature on them like I normally would. Heck people have PMed me to ask for specific cars if I got them, and I processed them and put them up just so they could print them for personal use. Hopefully if anyone wanted to do more then that with the photos they would ask me, its not like I'm going to tell them no, its just a courtesy thing. Someday if I decide to try and make some money doing this rather then doing it for fun I will heed the advice and lock all my photos. Until then I see no need too.

Lugnut

LUGNUT said:
AFAIK, it can be copied for personal use only, any use beyond that has to be with the permission of the photographer who retiains all rights to the photo. If I was concerned about any of those photos I would have put my copyright and signature on them like I normally would. Heck people have PMed me to ask for specific cars if I got them, and I processed them and put them up just so they could print them for personal use. Hopefully if anyone wanted to do more then that with the photos they would ask me, its not like I'm going to tell them no, its just a courtesy thing. Someday if I decide to try and make some money doing this rather then doing it for fun I will heed the advice and lock all my photos. Until then I see no need too.

Lugnut
That's what I'm saying, it doesn't make any difference if it's for private use or not. If they are placed on a "public" internet site they are fair game for anyone with or without your permission.

gmincher said:
Orange and black, Swan Electric,
Car Quest.

I think I do have a couple of that car from the front going slideways, I will look tonight and if they are there I'll process and upload them.:)

Lugnut

Millsey said:
That's what I'm saying, it doesn't make any difference if it's for private use or not. If they are placed on a "public" internet site they are fair game for anyone with or without your permission.

Millsey I'm shocked at that statement, especially from someone in the media.
You are so off base, it's not even funny. Here's a few tidbits of information that might be of value Lugnut.

In the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not. The default you should assume for other people's works is that they are copyrighted and may not be copied unless you know otherwise. It is true that a notice strengthens the protection, by warning people, and by allowing one to get more and different damages, but it is not necessary. If it looks copyrighted, you should assume it is. This applies to pictures, too.

While it may take time to ask for and receive permission, it is almost always worthwhile to do so. Many photographers and others will be flattered that their work is considered worthy of use, and will be happy to give permission to copy it. Asking for permission can also avoid angry responses from the original authors who will probably eventually find their work on your website and be offended at not having been acknowledged. Contrary to popular opinion, many copyright and plagiarism issues on the Internet are simply issues of professional courtesy.

Lugnut great shots! And whoever was bragging about printing your pictures is breaking the law also.... it's just extremely difficult to prove when it's for personal use. You don't have to be a "professional" photographer to sue over misuse of your work. It's not "public domain" as Millsey would have you believe. I watermark almost all of my images for that very reason. Most people won't take the time to ask you for permission. And know that it's very difficult to "lock" a photo, there are plenty of ways around the old "right click" copying method. However, some of the bigger photo posting websites have better technology. People in their homes taking your pictures are not the big problem, you need to protect them from unauthorized use in the media. I'd keep my eye on the Drivers Seat if I were you. :rolleyes:

Back