Pevely Thoughts 10/4

Trashdog

Let's see where to begin? I don't know where to begin, so I'll post pictures and let things come to me.

Here we see Jeff Masson making his annual trip to I55 and making it in time to run the semi.

I was never really all that hip to the format for the challenge of champions event so I was kind of lost all night in terms of the format they were using. I think I understand what they did now....but I'm still not sure. Racing was good though.

Seen Racewidow hanging out with the Jeff Beasley gang up on top of their condo trailer. They told me earlier no one was allowed up with showing their them their breasts. I wonder how Racewidow made it up there?...hmmmmmmmmmmm

I quit showing my breasts when I got screwed out of my Sharon Hoffman t-shirt earlier in the season.

Hey how about Jeff Beasley the "B" mod driver comes to I55 and wins his heat first time out....WoW!

I wanted to make it to the meeting of the minds but the intermission was only 5 min. long. I don't think much could of been accoumplished other then saying hi/bye and damn the beer line is long.

Scott Weber had a good run in his modified and in the black 100 car of Randy Korte's. Scott won a race, not sure if it was a heat or a dash or a semi, hell it may have been the feature for all I know. Still confused on the format.

Far as I know it was Scott's first Late Model win.

Scott also triple crowned in the modifieds winning the heat, dash and feature.

I hear Scott has a new impressive modified ordered and then there are those pesky latemodel rumors still about for next season. You know the ones about driving in a two car team with someone.

The feature was a great race it looked early on to be a race between Randy Korte and Don O'Neal. Don O'Neal got in front and looked to have it locked up, he had a very fast car.

Justin Allgaier made a mid-race charge to the front, it ended when he got tangled up with Randy Korte on the front stretch. I didn't see what happend I got turned around to see a yellow car spinning into turn 1.

Korte left the race and Allgaier crew made what ever repairs they could and he continued to race.

It looked as if no one was going to challenge Don O'Neal until I noticed Billy Faust creeping up on him. He was running low and packing the right front tire and I thought it would make a cool shot, then I figured I'd wait for him to race with another car, then I figured I'd wait til he caught the 71 of O'Neal.

O'Neal's crew was motioning for Don to hold the low line, Don tried but when he would come into 3 and 4 the car would wash up the track and Billy was able to hold his car on the low side for the pass.

I got a shot it's not great, I had a bad angle but here is what I have of the big pass.

Well, Trashdog... I did flash them, but I only flashed the top shirt I had on and since I was going to Pevely, I had at least 2 shirts on, so they saw no skin! You're a very bad man, TD! ;) I have special privelages with that group anyway - the crewmen are like my brothers.

Congrats Jeff on that heat win! Not bad for a first timer to Pevely, huh?

Mel always says if you can go fast at Montgomery you can go fast anywhere.

I'll get the real story from Jason next time I see him.

Here's a nice shot of the feature with Jeff racing with Leon Rakers and Jim Shereck.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Once again Ed Dixon has problems in the feature. I don't remember a season for Ed where he had so many break downs and flat tires.

Jason knows me better and he witnessed the flashing of the top shirt, so go ahead and ask away, I ain't skeered. ;)

Yep, gotta give Jeff some credit. He was spanking them the last couple times I was out at Montgomery. Even had a full straight lead on Timmy Barrett. Not only his driving and great car, but Jeff is a really nice guy - if you ever want to meet a great role model for your kids, go meet Jeff Beasley down in the pits some night after the races.

Rich Whaley got into the turn 1 wall hard, climbed out of his car and went to the ground. I read in someone else's post that Rich had a fractured tail bone and some other injuries.

Hope Rich is doing better.

I actually got to see the $15,000 dollar check, shame they wouldn't endorse it and give it to me to hold for a while. "Come on Guys, I won't cash it....Really!!!"

Hey, where's the 20 bucks for the heat race, you guys got screwed!!!....lol

Big time race, big time suprise, Billy hasn't done to well at I55 this season so to pull off a big win like this was pretty cool.

Now where to go for the rest of Oct. I might go to Eldora next week or I might stay in town and go to the Annual Allied Auto Racing Let's Hand Paul Belken A Big Check night at I55. I haven't decided yet.

I'm pretty sure I'll be at I55 for Race Stock, I don't think I'll get nearly so drunk as I did a few years ago....Sleeping in my car was no fun, burning Brian Worley's tires was though....lol

Any way big time thanks to the folks at I55 for a great season, thanks to The Richards Media Relations trailer for making sure I was well fed, Thanks to Ralph for making sure I was teched every night, thanks to Tony Stewart for not punching me when I accidently bumped into him on the front stretch of the M&M night of the stars, thanks to Dirt Hound for repeatedly telling me how I55 isn't like Tri-City, Special thanks to the Marler's for putting up with my strangeness, I will no longer do the tow truck dance in turn 4...Not right away anyway. Special thanks to Fast Track Photography for letting me hang out with them in their nifty photo trailer. Congratulations to Mike The Talker Guy for his points championship at Belle-Clair. Special thanks to Jimmy Cummins for allowing bask in his glory, Special thanks to Billy Faust for making sure I didn't dehydrate and collapse at Haubstadt, Ind., Special thanks to the Columbia Mafia, The Dirts, Dirt Girl and Dirt Hound for babysitting Trashpup. Special thanks to Jimmy Dearing for deleting the Eric Maybry/Racewidow post as I was not home all day to do it. Special thanks to my legion of fans, both of you make this all worth it...lol

John Barr
The Trashdog

Originally posted by dirt hound
that's rick salter dog shame on you nice pics though

Normally I wouldn't trust you with your well known history of spelling, but I'll trust you on this, just this once.

John Barr
The Trashdog

Back