pevely's dirt track hell

mvalentine

Just as last week I wrote Bel-Clair's 99 lapper was dirt track heaven. I'll probably be in the minority but this weeks Pevely race was dirt track hell. what a horribly run big event. We all known the dry weather is tough on a track & track prep is important but why the wait to start it, then to not adjust the racing order & have the pro 4's go off 1st, with sportman's next when everybody was there to see babb, moyer, feger, the mars guys & the great local UMP's like King Kong & the mods with harrison & schrader in the house. Lots of boos in the stands when original order wasn't changed. it was already 11:15 & the features hadn't started, I & a number of fans, not just the ones with litlle kids wasted our extra $8 & left. Then on top of it I got there early to get a good parking spot so leaving would be easily. well a bunch of the late arrivals doubled & triple parked the early arrivals in. I was lucky the car behind decidied to leave early too. Pevely if your going to host a big event do it right. Take a look at how TRI-City does it. Parking attendents to make sure no problem, adjusting order if conditions change. Hopefully the world of outlaws in sept will not be as big a mess. I go to all the tracks & normally love Pevely but not this night. One of the few positives was to see Ed Dixon in the house although in street clothes.

I had a good time... I enjoyed the racing no matter what class was racing... And if you know your going to a big show, expect it to be a late night so I left my 5 year old home this time because of that.

The only complait I have is that this guy called "hollywood" Horton and Tim Manville are both JACKASSES!!! They should not be in a race car...

I had a good time... I enjoyed the racing no matter what class was racing... And if you know your going to a big show, expect it to be a late night so I left my 5 year old home this time because of that.

The only complait I have is that this guy called "hollywood" Horton and Tim Manville are both JACKASSES!!! They should not be in a race car...
Really? Did you see what happened to Ricky? Dirt bag Miner got what was coming. If you have an issue with him you should go talk to him!

I thought it was a fantastic night of racing!!

Just as last week I wrote Bel-Clair's 99 lapper was dirt track heaven. I'll probably be in the minority but this weeks Pevely race was dirt track hell. what a horribly run big event. We all known the dry weather is tough on a track & track prep is important but why the wait to start it, then to not adjust the racing order & have the pro 4's go off 1st, with sportman's next when everybody was there to see babb, moyer, feger, the mars guys & the great local UMP's like King Kong & the mods with harrison & schrader in the house. Lots of boos in the stands when original order wasn't changed. it was already 11:15 & the features hadn't started, I & a number of fans, not just the ones with litlle kids wasted our extra $8 & left. Then on top of it I got there early to get a good parking spot so leaving would be easily. well a bunch of the late arrivals doubled & triple parked the early arrivals in. I was lucky the car behind decidied to leave early too. Pevely if your going to host a big event do it right. Take a look at how TRI-City does it. Parking attendents to make sure no problem, adjusting order if conditions change. Hopefully the world of outlaws in sept will not be as big a mess. I go to all the tracks & normally love Pevely but not this night. One of the few positives was to see Ed Dixon in the house although in street clothes.

Well my advice to you then next time is stay the f**k home. Like the gentleman said before me..be lucky we have as nice of a track to go as I-55! And yes, it was a little late by the time the features rolled on the track but the track prep was absolutely necessary. The late model feature was one of the best Ive ever seen at Pevely. I mean cmon...you had Stovall come through the field from 19th and win...you had a terrific showing by a local(Dewayne Keifer) who got in the feature only by track provisional and started dead last to finish 7th! Thats driving your *** off!! Seemed like only guys who were making the very bottom work were Keifer, Sheppard, and Billy Moyer. I really thought Sheppard was gonna win it. That kid is something special. When the big boys are in the house, this kid takes his skills to another level and is one of the best young drivers we've seen in this area in many years.

This is exactly why I pass on most of the "big shows" in this area. You might as well plan on watching their entire weekly show, with a couple of the main class heats mixed in, and then the main event on a junk track because of too many laps being run the entire night. It is not much different in other places either as promoters are trying to make their purses at the pit gate and then fans that have come to support and see the main class run end up having to sit through everything else. I certainly am in support of local racers and entry level classes, I just don't think that these tracks have to run everyone on a special event night. The same deal happened at the Macon Powri show and the Summernationals race at Belleville. Both tracks were terrible by the time the main features were run. That was it for me. Everyone has a choice to go or not go, and voice their opinions here, promoters have it really tough these days, and we are still fortunate that there are at least some tracks left to go to. I guess it just matters if you can still enjoy the evening if you know what it is going to be. The days of Special Big Shows with just one support class and the main class running first seem to be gone, at least around here.

It may of been a little late, but you won't find better feature racing anywhere over what you saw last night!!

Well I for one wil stay the f$&@ home. It has been three years since going back to I 55 because of the same reason they just don't know how to run a program!! I will not be back!!!

As for your second comment, " be happy that we have a nice track to go to". If they keep running Shows like that, you won't. Take a look around you, if you have been going to the races for many years let me just ask one question, is the sport dying? The crowds keep getting smaller and smaller.

Seriously? Tri-City is the KING of late nights in this area. Especially for big shows...I specifically remember people on here whining about their last big show and all the parking issues as well...

The racing at I-55 was kick a** last night!
Take a look at how TRI-City does it.

Well I for one wil stay the f$&@ home. It has been three years since going back to I 55 because of the same reason they just don't know how to run a program!! I will not be back!!!

I didnt miss your sorry arse ! And as i said the nite of racing was a blast.... I would exspect lil shep to go big places in his career ! Again last nite was awsome.... and i think it was because mmlx212 stayed home...lol

You saw one of the best races all year anywhere in the country, and the best thing you saw was Dixon in the stands. WTF!!! Do us all a faor and stay the #@! home.

you just can't satisfy everybody yeah it was little late so what so was bellevagas but you can't even compare the races good grief ,guess what next week willbe late also and so will woo show big deal l know where I'll be sat nights I know I 've to to tracks alot later

i live in southern illinois about 3 hours away and didnt get home till 430 in the morning and i would do it again any day of the week to see racing like i did last night if u didnt enjoy the racing then u idiots need to find a diffrent sport to go watch and quit *****in.

I had my son with me too and did not get home till 1:30 am and we left after the Late model feature. But we had a great time and got to see 3 great features. So he will go to bed early tonight. Big woop. I-55 tries to give you a good track for great racing. If you can't put in the time, dont go. Or, you can go where they will race on a locked down track all night and have you home at 11pm.

I didnt make it there,but can say i talked to several people about last night. I know it was a late night,but the racing was great. If they are racing at 6 in the morning i would still be there drinking a ice cold budlight showing my support. (IF YOUR SCARED SAY YOUR SCARED)

It was a late night, but the awesome features made up for that! Pro-4, Sportsman, Late models, Bombers all coming down to the last lap. Awesome job by Sheppard and Stovall coming from deep in the pack!!

Back