Pevely's Racing Surface Sat. Night...

Everyone is always so eagar to get on here and bad mouth the racing facilities when they do something they don't like or don't provide a decent racing surface for the fans or things of that nature.
So I thought that I would give credit where credit is due, I-55 raceway busted it's butt Saturday Night and gave the fans an excellent racing surface all night long, it was well worth the wait after qualifying. The mods had an awesome feature as did the WoO. GOOD JOB I-55.:cool:

I will say it was hooked up! BUT it was a long Freakin WAIT I actually laid on top of the trailar and fell asleep

It was a great show. I have been to I-55 7 or 8 times and have never seen a bad race as far as the track goes. They definatlely know how to prep a track.

Well, I actually didn't go because of the results of the last couple big shows.In the last few shows the heat races were great but the feature just locked down.

Now I wish I would have went.
I applaud the I-55 crew for taking initiative and making sure that a good show was produced.It would have been different for a week night show.But, when people don't have to work the following day there is no reason for the track to be bad.By bad, I don't mean tacky and smooth.It's almost impossible for a track to be perfect every night.I love a slick track from top to bottom.There is such a fine line to get it just right.

I agree the surface was in great shape. Top to bottom flat track. The wait was alittle long, but when you look at the racing that came out of it, I was happy with the wait. Gave me more time to eat my snowcones without the dirt.

It was a fantastic show , was well worth the trip , But how in the heck do those fans sit in the corners like that !! Talk about some roost in the beer !

That was absolutely one of the best shows I have been too.

Once they got it going, with track prep. after the sun went down, they kept the program going real well and the mods and WoO put on a heck of a show. How about those two grooves for the WoO feature?! Wow

What I found most bizarre was the hole that formed on the low side coming out of 4...how in the world did that happen??

But yes, track prep was perfect, definately worth the wait!!

yes the track prep.did take some time and the WoO and the mod's put on one hell of a show.
They had cars running the bottom,middle and the top at the same time and it wasn't a dust storm, you can't ask for anymore then that.
Most of that was because of the track prep. GREAT JOB !
I've been going to I-55 sense 1977, to me the only place to watch a race there is up on top of turn four, you can see the whole track from there.
Yes the dirt and the dust can be a problem, but, you know IT WILL WASH OFF.....

Back