PHOTOBILLY - Billy "photoman" Haffer dies in car accident!

Racerrod

racerrod
It is with deepest regrets that I am posting this. My lifelong buddy and 1st cousin, Billy Haffer was killed last night in a car accident coming home from a race in Iowa. Details are still coming in but we wanted his racing family to know ASAP.

It happened near the Iowa state line when a low tire cause the car to slow and be rear ended by a truck. Billy was a passenger with a couple other racing friends. 2 in the car were killed and another is still critical. I will post details as they come in but if you need quicker responses you can email me: rodhaffer@yahoo.com.

God please comfort us all in this horrible time. His entire family is very shook up. He was my lifelong best friend and childhood play mate and it is very difficult.

Rod Haffer
618-799-8878 text/cell me anytime

Deepest sympathies to you Rod..Our thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Haffer family during this difficult time.

God Speed Billy.....

Our thoughts and prayers are extended to the others involved also..

Photobilly was the biggest racefan there was... He was a good friend and it is hard to believe he is gone..

Prayers and thoughts to his daughter Danielle and the rest of his family..

Terrible news. Couldn't find a nicer guy at the track. I thought I loved racing til I met PhotoBilly. What else could happen to the racing community this year...

Thoughts & prayers go out to all of Billy's family & friends. He was a wonderful guy to know & talk to. Godspeed Billy...

I am just stunned; Photo Billy will be missed. He has such a huge heart; A very good man. Our racing community has certainly been rocked very hard this year.

We are saddened by this terrible news. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Billy & Tony's family and friends. Thought and prayers also go out to Sonny as he recovers from this accident.

Billy was like family to all of us at the Highland Speedway and he will be greatly missed. He was a wonderful person, always smiling and happy to be a part of the track. Billy always had nothing but good things to say about everyone and everything. Godspeed Billy!

Oh my goodness.... I am shocked & sad to say the least. Photo Billy was a great man & friend - always a warm smile. God Bless his family and friends as they sort through this.

Oh...my....god! Billy was a great race fan and always had on a smile. He was friendly toward everyone and will leave a leave a tremendous void at the races. Godspeed Billy and God bless your friends and family.

Horrible news! He was without a doubt the nicest and happiest person I've had the privilege to meet and talk with. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

- Dave Armstrong and the 34 race team

Back